Sunday, May 10, 2020

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

To all the mothers out there that put up with all of us kids, Happy Mother's Day.  I've only done it for eleven years with my two puppy kids and I can't tell you how often I've pulled my hair out in clumps.  I hope you have a great day in spite of what's going on all around us.
I know some won't agree with me, but here's my take on things presently.  Whether you want to call the virus the flu, or the Wuflu, or Covid 19, it is not the plague that is going to kill half the people on earth.  We are not on lockdown so it will pass over us like a dark cloud and only pick on those outside the house.  We are staying inside to keep the numbers of people catching it from overloading the hospitals until medical supplies could be stacked up.  

That has happened, or so the local nurses and doctors have told me.  With some exceptions, hospitals are even closing down sections because of the lack of virus patients.  We have so many ventilators now they are giving (or maybe selling) them to other countries.  I think it's time to come out from under the covers and get on with life as several States are now doing.  

Yes I will at some point probably catch the flu.  So will you.  It's not going away any time soon.  Like any of the other illnesses we have had in this country over the last 200 years, it will eventually die out.  If you want to stay home and wait for a vaccine, I'm all for it.  For me, it's not worth giving up all my freedom.

So to that end, I've spent the last week doing nothing that I normally do.  I've been cleaning and cleaning.  I think I've cleaned places I haven't seen in ten years.  I've filled my garbage bin to the tippy top and stacked things alongside for the next round of pickups.

In so doing, I've found some pictures I've been missing.  Here's Captain Hook, a little blurry since it's a picture of a picture, along with the crocodile I pulled along behind me with a piece of wire around my waist.  That's a hay hook in my right hand.  What a fun day THAT was.  I'm pretty sure we got absolutely NOTHING done all day.  Yup that's a government office for you!!
I think I must be akin to a pack rat.  I can't believe all the junk I found stashed here and there, not to mention the dirt on the living room floor.  I cleaned everything out of the room for the deep carpet cleaning that was supposed to happen yesterday.  They cancelled.  It is currently Cooper's bowling alley for throwing the ball (bottom center next to the dirt).  They promised me they would show up Tuesday.
Although a tad late, here's the last full moon.  It seems that every full moon now has a name of some sort, but I can't recall what this one was.  The pink moon?  Cotton candy?  The names escapes me.  At any rate, it was spectacular.
Today I'm getting the Jeep ready for a doctor's checkup.  Apparently there is not one but TWO recalls on my toad, as well as she needs an oil change.  That's going to be $70 at the dealership.  Jiffy Lube here is known for not doing any work at all while still charging you.  No use taking any chances.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!  I hope you have a wonderful day!



10 comments:

  1. You certainly are a good mommy to your puppies! Hoping you have a great day too! Too bad the rug cleaners didn't let you know before you rearranged your living room LOL..but sure the doggies are enjoying the space! Love the Dr Hook pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doggies definitely enjoyed the space. Cooper sits in there all the time now.

      Delete
  2. I agree with your view on the current situation. What I don't get is how polarized people are on the issue. Let people do what they want and lets get on with life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure did break our country in two pieces. We should have the freedom to choose.

      Delete
  3. We'll be cautious but we aren't going to stop living.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Mothers day with your Furkids.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems you live in a higher population area and I totally agree you should be much more careful. I think the rest homes with so many elderly also need to be extra careful for many months to come.

      Delete
  4. Personally I like KungFlu, a reflection to the Chinese martial arts Kungfu, because this virus 'can' and 'does' hit some people real, real hard. (In other words, it is NOT being racist to say KungFlu). WHY it affects some so hard and yet others have no side affects is something that they might never know. But you know, in other pandemics, such as Small Pox, some people just did not catch it, as if they were just immune to it. Just shows how different all of us really are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a really good immune system, I think you have a much better chance of NOT catching it. Trouble is, none of us really know how good it is. Many people are just very afraid, and so they should do what is best for them. As for the rest of the country, let them get back to producing food and products.

      Delete
  5. I agree with you and others comments. Polarization and fear is unbelievable. I respect the decisions of those who choose to be different, especially those who are in high risk, I wish no ill on them. We plan on living with common sense and respect to others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are healthy and don't usually catch the passing flu bugs even without the vaccine. Yes, stay home if you wish, but don't judge us because we want to get out there, hug our kids, shop for clothes and whatever else and just get back to living. If we get sick, we'll get over it. Thanks for the M.D. wishes, mine was great!

    ReplyDelete