Monday, December 4, 2017

Super Duper Super Moon

I almost missed it.  There is usually lots of advertisement going around about this sort of thing, on Facebook if nothing else.  Yesterday I almost missed the only Super Moon of 2017.

One of my photographer friends posted a picture of him trying to get a picture in his back yard.  I raced to grab the tripod from Jonathan (it holds up his heater) and my camera.  I should have grabbed a coat as well.

In a flash, I was set up and ready.  That's when I remembered I'm not going for the quick shot any more.  "Use the camera to it's fullest extent" ... not that I was sure how to do that.  It took quite a bit of twisting and turning the dials before I was satisfied with the setup.  I took twelve shots because the wind started to come up, swinging the strap and causing blurry images.  It only takes the lightest vibration to blur a picture.

So here it is ... Mr. Super Duper Super Moon ... click on it to enlarge the image and actually see the landscape.  It IS pretty super if you ask me.  Fascinating, to say the least.
The rest of the day was uneventful.  I quickly stitched up the backings for two quilts and scrounged around the shelves for another one to tackle.  Bored to tears, I decided it would be prudent to do some vacuuming.  When you can see flocking from the Christmas tree in every corner, it's time.  

While I love the look of the tree, every time I walk by, flocking jumps across the two foot distance to attach to my levis.  As I walk around, it falls off in every room.  What's up with that?  Cooper is no help, since it's so much fun to roll his ball under the tree.  He looks like pigpen as he trots across the room, dropping STUFF all along the way.

As you can see by the bin, it was a light day.  I live in the country where there is lots of discing, almond tree sweeping and garlic crushing.  Yup ... that's a lot of dirt.  The upside is when you walk out the door in the early morning and smell the deliciousness of dried garlic wafting on the breeze.  You haven't smelled garlic until you've lived in the Central Valley.  I love it.
But I'm getting sidetracked.  Vacuuming turned out to be the best thing that happened yesterday, besides the full moon.  When I gabbed my plastic container full of trail mix from the freezer (keeps it from getting stale) it caught on the ice maker, took a swan dive and hit the hardwood floor.  I gave it a score of TWO.  Nuts went skittering everywhere across my kitchen. 

Thank goodness I had just cleaned the floor.  Some of them were salvageable.  Most went in the trash.  Now I had to clean the floor for REAL, since it was covered with chocolate pieces.

I spent the rest of the day wishing I had some nuts to eat as I made two pillowcases to match the new quilt.  
It's a balmy 32 degrees this morning.  YIKES!!  What happened to our Indian Summer?  We will be down in the lower 30's all week, which means PG&E just doubled their rates.  On the way back from the fabric store, I got fuel.  California has gone mad.  $3.45 for diesel, $3.23 at my station.  It cost me $110 just to fill my truck, which still had a quarter tank.  Time to be super conservative with fuel and electricity.







4 comments:

  1. Love your Super moon shot.
    Cleaning up a mess is not too much fun.
    The fuel prices there are still much cheaper than Canada. Arizona is not bad right now and as you well know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuel is always cheaper in every other state in the Union, except maybe Hawaii!!

      Delete
  2. Time to sell the California property and move to AZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are right Rex, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I even have nightmares about it!! LOL

      Delete