Sunday, December 24, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

As I was typing yesterday's blog, my living room was flooded with beautiful orange and pink lights.  It wasn't the neighbor's fancy light machine ($39.99 as seen on TV) ... it was the most amazing sunrise of the year, right here in River City.

Luckily I saw it just in time to grab my camera and head outside.  A chilly 29 degrees sent me back INSIDE very quickly as I watched it through the windows!!
I finished packing everything stacked by the back door, trying to make room in the RV.  There's a reason I'm short of space, but I'll have to tell you about that later.  As of now, there is front passenger space in the Jeep, but the back is full to the brim.  

All I have left is to buy and pack food.  Not that "I" need much, but the RV rallies I'm going to require appetizer and potluck submissions almost every day, not to mention the big Pancake Breakfast.  Buck up Nancy, we have 50 coming for breakfast and dinner at the Indio rally.

In the middle of playing the couch potato game (I'm getting better and better at that pastime) the doorbell rang.  Surprise!!  My neighbor's little boy brought over a box of candy.  How sweet was that!!  Here's why ... he has a new puppy, the cutest white fluffy crazy bananas thing I've ever seen. 

The puppy thinks MY lawn is Camelot ... the place to be.  He also thinks it's his private latrine.  That is of course because it's COOPER'S private latrine.  He just refuses to go on their lawn.  Smart dog, but that doesn't make for good neighbors.  

Luckily, their sweet Mom Rachel (pronounced Raquel, as in Welch, no resemblance) makes her son clean up the messes.  As a thank you for not chasing the puppy off, I got a Pot of Gold.  It's not exactly gold, but it sure tastes like it!!!
Just to pass the time, I made another batch of cookies for the road.  I discovered too late that these have those dreaded chocolate chips in them .... the ones that get out their jackhammers as soon as they hit bottom.  So instead of dessert, they will become payment for something I require assistance with.
That was it ... another fascinating day in the life of a potato.  Oh ... and there was that cat!!!  Jessie will tell you about it tomorrow.  
The time has come to get the roast out.  I decided to cook it today so as not to interrupt my 18 hours of television bliss watching those sappy Christmas movies on Christmas Day.  I had a small panic attack yesterday when I couldn't find the email from wonderful Miss Terry with the prime rib recipe.

I had another one in the wings just in case, but luckily found the original from Terry.  Everything she cooks is fabuloso!!!  I'm all set to go ... sort of.  It's rather a waiting game at first.  It takes 3-4 hours for the roast to warm up to room temperature and almost that long again for my oven to heat.  HERE GOES NOTHIN!!!!!

Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone and be kind to one another.  That's the ending to every post from Bangor Maine Police Department's TC (who just got a big promotion), along with his Duck of Justice. If you haven't heard of him, take a look on Facebook, like their page and follow along.  You won't be sorry ... he's funny and his Got Warrants? posts look at the lighter side of Police work in Bangor Maine.  



8 comments:

  1. That Pot of Gold was a very nice treat and I know you will enjoy it.
    Oh my the Prime rib roast I am sure it will be cooked to perfect for you, enjoy and I will drool while you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I enjoyed the cooking more than the eating!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Just because you are attending the Rallies doesn't mean you have to feed everyone single handedly. That's why they call it Pot Luck. I know thinking of dirty kitchens but just think of all the leftovers after every meal. That's enough to stock up the local Food Banks.
    Wishing You and your pets a Safe and Merry Christmas.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right ... I'm certainly NOT feeding everyone. It's just that they schedule a happy hour every single day, which means something to prepare every day!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Carol ... Merry Christmas to you too!!!

      Delete
  4. Here is a toast ☕️🍪 to a Merry Christmas and prosperous💰 🎉🎊New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a perfect toast!! And to you my friend!!

      Delete