Monday, December 11, 2017

I'm SEWING and I'm SEWING ........

In between my fabulous cake decorating (even I laughed at that one) and my adventures in providing sustenance to my body via many cooking disasters, I try to keep busy by sewing and reading.  Yes, there is the occasional repair to the damage done by my gardeners, but for the most part, my house is carefree if you don't count the hot water incident.

About the only maintenance I have is the same as the RV.  I go around every once in awhile with a screwdriver and tighten everything up.  Don't I wish I could do that for ME.  I could use a little tightening!!

The thing is, if I don't sew, I eat.  I'm at the fridge door every hour looking for something simply because I'm bored.
Sometimes sewing is good ..... sometimes it's bad.  I may just have to start a cemetery for quilts.  I LOVE the one in the above picture.  I usually remember where I purchased them, but that one is a mystery.  I only know I've had it for a VERY long time, carting it around with me everywhere looking for backing that would match the material.

I hate this one.  I finally figured out why, other than the color.  It's WAY too busy for my little brain.  Whoever thought this was pretty when it was hanging on the wall in the store was crazy.  Of course that would be me.
There's no denying the fabric is beautiful up close, but get very far away and you will end up with your eyes crossed.  My quilter better work some major magic on this one!!
And so I've started the NEXT one.  Did I mention I have probably 36 bags of material, each with a quilt inside?  This one came from Joanns in Tucson where Miss Patty and I spent a couple hours in fabric heaven ... nothing over $8 a yard if I remember.  
You are supposed to lay them out before sewing, which I tried to do above, so there are no two fabrics in the same square.  That didn't work out so well, requiring me to move these twelve squares around for 60 minutes.  It's a good pattern for me ... it will keep me out of the fridge for at least a week.
Today I'll help neighbor and friend Diane transfer 8,000 pictures from her now defunct computer to thumb drives to make them available when she wants to reminisce.  Hopefully we can cut that down to 2,000.  As computers go, that should make for a thoroughly frustrating afternoon.  

The nice salesman sold her a back-up hard drive for Version 15 of her computer.  She has Version 5, so of course it won't work.  I'm hoping for lots of Christmas magic to make this happen.  I might even talk her into hitting the Game Refuge with me for MORE pictures.






4 comments:

  1. Keeping busy is always a good thing, and staying out of the fridge a good idea as well. We do a lot of reading, walking, meal prep and moving about the country that keeps us from ever getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems we have a lot in common ... except the walking. I can't seem to get motivated.

      Delete
  2. Since you are an adventurous cook - have you tried Hello Fresh or Blue Apron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried any delivery service. I've checked them out, but everything is packaged for four people. I've afraid much would be wasted. Plus, I can eat a lot cheaper if I do the prep work. Not that I've a cheapskate or anything! LOL

      Delete