Sunday, April 5, 2020

Two Down ... Two To Go

Back on the road hunting Ghost Towns, the most famous one around is of course Tombstone.  It's not really a ghost town since people have repopulated it quite nicely, what with the Ghost Hotel Attraction and the OK Corral gunfight reenactment.  I can't complain because some of those guys walking around in long black coats are mighty good looking!!  I always was attracted to cowboys.

Sadly on this day, there were maybe ten people on the sidewalks.  What a shame to see it completely deserted.
Except for this guy!!  Here's the latest and greatest in delivery service.  He owns the Sarsaparilla Hotspot in town and was delivering anything you needed from the restaurant next door.
If you've ever been to the Linear Garden up on the hill, you may have seen these guys.  They live at the bottom of the hill.  You can tell from the ears and tail wringing they were not happy campers.  If you HAVEN'T been to the Linear Garden, it's a must see.
We soon discovered why the ugly looks.  There's absolutely no feed for these guys in this enclosure.  The only thing they had to eat was a huge cactus someone threw over the fence.  Gosh this makes me mad.  The poor babies were eating the thick base that had fewer spines on it.  Someone please FEED them.
The Chance family had never been up this little road where they could be impressed by the Linear Garden creation.  Honestly, it's just a long pile of junk.  I feel like it used to be a little more organized.  Just a little oddity along the way.  This gentleman is doing his part to keep junk out of the dump.  Truth is, he was tired of sitting around inside with his wife and began this creation when he retired.  Also it's a nice picture of the BAT (Big A$$ Truck)!!
On the way back down, this guy gave me one last chance to rub that soft nose.  Do be careful.  I'm a horse woman with more years than I care to admit and I can read them like a book.  They can and DO bite.
This beauty was in the linear garden, lovingly cared for obviously, as evidenced by all those blooms.  This has to be the prettiest cactus I've ever seen.
One more really cool ghost town to see on this trip.  We were heading there when all of a sudden it sounded like someone was shooting buckshot at us.  The noise made me jump!!!  We hit a swarm of bees with the BAT.  OH NO!!!  You'll never get all those sticky guts off the truck!!  So sorry Dan, but lets go ... we've got another ghost town to see!!
The entire NEXT day was spent watching my stew cook.  Staying home is definitely NOT my thing.  I must have checked it twenty times before deciding it was done.  It actually turned out very good instead of my usual cemetery donation.  
For my new readers, I have a cemetery out back in the desert where I bury all of my failures ... and there are MANY!!

Up next ... the end of the line train station to silver and riches.





15 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love that you bury your uneatable food in the cemetery! Those poor burros! :( I hope they had water and shade at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on the far end of their "enclosure" they have a small shed and water. They sure are cute guys!!

      Delete
  2. Looking down the streets anywhere today reminds us of Ghost Towns we have seen.
    Too bad no one is feeding the Burros.
    We had the same thing happen with the Bees south of Bisbee. It not only got our Windshield but our Wind-Deflector and the Nose-Cap on the Trailer. Lots of scrubbing to get it clean.
    Be Safe and Enjoy.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it happen once to my rig. Not quite as hard to wash, but scary when you hear the SPLAT!!

      Delete
  3. Mr. C needs to change his BAT from Alaska to Arizona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably forgot to mention they are actually FROM Alaska!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Sure enjoying your travels...we can't here, enjoy while you can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAY too many people in your area, not to mention lots of cases of the virus. Safer to stay home. At least you have the wonderful company of Marcia!!

      Delete
  5. That's too sad about the burros. Do they belong to someone? Boy, never seen Tombstone look like that! Glad you are getting out and about! That stew looks way too yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still a few people around town, but most all the businesses have closed. Yes, the burros have owners. They may get fed somewhere else and were just eating the cactus because it was there.

      Delete
  6. Strange to see the streets of Tombstone empty. That is so sad about the burros. The stew does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny ... I'm always wanting to be there when the people are gone so I get the pictures I want. On this day, that's the only picture I took.

      Delete
  7. Tombstone would definitely be a different town with no visitors. :( We've never been to Linear Hill. Love the burros, as long as they have shelter and water, I'm sure they'll find food.
    The stew looks good. I still have a crock pot but now much prefer my IP for anything like that. Less electric costs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried stew in the IP but it didn't come out as good. My veggies were overcooked, so I went with the "old" standard! LOL

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh. I hope that last dish tastes better than it looks 😋. Too bad Tombstone visitors are a no show. Turning back into ghost town. :))

    ReplyDelete