Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Crazy Days Are Becoming Normal

I had a full schedule yesterday with appointment after appointment.  Thankfully, things here in crazy California are not near as bad as I expected.  In fact, we seem to be one of the first states to begin opening up.  Businesses have been authorized to get back to business, a refreshing sign in my book.  Yeah, they are still trying to get everyone to wear masks, but honestly, after what I saw yesterday, I don't know why.  By the way, a scarf around your face counts as a mask.

So just to lighten the load a little, I was laughing so hard at little Cooper yesterday, I had to video him.  I've never added a video to my blog, so I hope this works.  No one ever said he could CATCH the ball!!
So at long last, you won't be arrested for going outside and having your vehicle smogged, or going to the Vet or even getting a haircut, at least in this tiny little part of the world.  On the other hand, I've had a ridiculous time with good old California DMV getting the Jeep registered.  

They didn't receive the insurance certificate, so I sent another one ... they didn't receive payment, so I sent them a copy of their receipt ... and of course they didn't get the smog certificate because I couldn't have it done in Arizona.  It should be noted here that the ten documents I uploaded to DMV a couple of days ago was to get a duplicate title so it can be registered in ARIZONA!!  

Happily, we passed the smog test with flying colors.  Interestingly enough, where I live in Arizona does NOT require smog tests.  Another Arizona savings.
I forgot to mention, you may remember when I left in January (don't worry, "I" barely remember yesterday) I had purchased and hooked up a battery minder to my truck.  I had never done this before and was a little leery of it blowing the truck up while I was gone.  

I'm happy to say it worked stupendously!!!  The truck started up instantly.  I'm sold!!!  There was only one slight problem on the way to the Vet's office.
While I was stuck in Arizona, all my puppy vaccinations expired and I ran out of their heart worm medication.  I called my local office who I've been going to since about 1970.  Wow ... I just realized how long it's been.

At any rate, they told me they were only seeing emergencies.  Well, not having a rabies or parvo shot is pretty much an emergency in my book, since both are prevalent in this area.  What about the heart worm medicine?  Oh gee she says ..... they need a blood test for that.  INSTANT emergency.  

I drove them in the truck that started right up.  YAY!!  About three miles down the road, I was not YAYING any more.  The AC was not working AT ALL.  In fact, the heater was throwing out flames it was so hot.  It was too late to turn back.

Upon arrival, the girls ran out to meet me.  Uh girls ... those masks REALLY need to be up over your nose.  I counted eight girls in all, with only one wearing the mask correctly.  Not that I care, because I think it's nonsense.  Just keep your distance.

They took the puppies in while I waited in the now 110 degree (and climbing) oven.  Two emergencies later, the puppies came back out looking none too happy.  The Vet called me to discuss their health.  It's a good thing I didn't play solitaire the entire time or THAT battery would have been dead. 
Cooper is great, but sadly, Miss Jessie probably won't last much longer.  The cancer in her leg cannot be operated on again and will soon cause her to be put down.  She's fifteen and has had a good life, but I always think maybe I could have made it even better.  

My kids are a little sore from all the shots, so we're going to go snuggle on the couch for an hour or so.  Then it's back to getting things done!!  




9 comments:

  1. But King Newsome says it is ok for kids to go to school again, but not ok to hold church services...what is up with that, and how long before someone files a lawsuit pertaining to that, especially after the latest court ruling which said you can't treat a church different from other gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local church has not even been allowed to have drive up church services. We shall see what happens I guess.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a lot of Red Tape for a simple Ownership Paper.
    Sounds like another trip to the dealership for the AC problem.
    Sad to read about Jessie as she is one of your kids.
    Funny how Cooper kept missing the ball. Either he enjoys chasing it or the hair near his eyes is affecting his vision.
    Be Safe and Enjoy being open for business.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I have Cooper ... he's about the only thing keeping me laughing!!!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about Jessie. Dogs do not live long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Jessie. Barb had to get a new title for her step mothers car in California this year, it took 6 months to get everything taken care of! In South Dakota we walk up to the counter and they print one out for you on the spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh ... don't tell me THAT!!! I don't doubt it for a minute! Maybe I should investigate South Dakota!!! LOL

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you were able to get the kids in for their medicine and check up although I'm very sad to hear Jessie's news. :( I just hope she doesn't suffer too much.
    I saw the video on FB and laughed at her. Clemson wasn't much better but oh, aren't they fun to watch!?

    ReplyDelete