Sunday, April 26, 2020

Through The Windshield ....

From Bakersfield to home in Central California, my point of view was obscured the entire way.  It's springtime.  What do you GET with springtime?  BUGS!!  Millions of bugs.  It might have helped would I have taken the time to wash them off, but I was facing into the sun.  If you've ever tried to wash a nasty windshield while facing the sun, you know my lack of motivation.

So far on this trip I have been surprised by the plethora of vehicles on the highways.  I thought California was in some kind of lockdown.  After all, that's why we have had so few deaths with Covid19, right?  Well that's probably wrong.

Now they are saying it's because the virus has been in California since October or November and we have achieved antibodies.  Possibly that's because the Greyhound Buses are still up and running.  Those totally enclosed petri dishes of cleanliness are still roaming the State moving people all over.  So why am I forced to stay in my home under threat of arrest because my neighbor called in to say I was out walking the dog?
Your mind wanders when you're driving.  I'm wondering why this project is still under construction when California was in crisis over no ventilators.  This is the bullet train crossing over the San Joaquin River, costing billions.
You can see where it ends, just on the other side of the REAL railroad tracks.  Talk about another petri dish!!!  Now they will be able to spread disease at lightning speed, or at least some time maybe 20 years in the future when it's completed.
For those traveling through Bakersfield, construction on Highway 58 is still ongoing.  It's been ongoing since I got my rig in 2012.  To make it even nicer, now ALL of Highway 99 through Bakersfield is under construction.  

Remember Madera?  How we waited for that construction to be completed?  Well after maybe two years, it's now ALL under construction again.  I think the bugs were starting to get to me.

There was so much traffic, I hit several traffic jams coming to a complete stop.  Here I've tried to be good and not travel or go out much at all.  That just ended.  

Here's a story that should scare you.  My friend really needed a haircut.  He asked his long time friend to meet him at the shop and give him a quick cut.  She agreed, although they both snuck in the back door.  Someone walking by saw them and called the cops.  Luckily one of her friends called to warn them so they could sneak out the back door, just as the cops arrived.  I kid you not ... true story.

That's IT!!!  I've had enough of this crap.  If they can open the golf courses in San Bernadino County and keep the Greyhound Buses running, they can open everything else, just remind people to keep their distance.  We have already given up WAY too much of our freedom to government control.  Think about it ... do you want to be the one arrested for going outside?  I would rather die from the virus than give up my freedom.  Alright, enough of that.
By the way, has anyone heard from the movie stars or the Clinton Foundation or maybe the Obamas?  How much money are they donating to people who have lost their jobs and probably their businesses?  My plan here is to buy once a day from a closed restaurant ... especially the local owners.  It's not much, but maybe it will help a little.  So no cooking for me!!  Yay!!

My house is still standing and my lawn is green.  What more could I ask for?  Oh ... and there are no rattlesnakes crawling across the driveway!!  Life is good!!  Except for that part where I made ten trips to unload the rig and still have at least six more to go.  I better get to it.





13 comments:

  1. Happy you made it home OK, and you are so right, this crap has got to end now! My ancestors boarded a small ship and landed at Plymouth Rock...well, they did loose 45% of the passengers! The only reason they were able to get off the Mayflower was because there was no "Washington DC" nor "State Capitol" where people who think they are smarter than everyone else tell those "everyone else" what to do. WHY no toilet paper? Because the "everyone else" figured they (people who think they are smarter) were going to start telling us how to wipe our butts correctly! This is America, NOT Amerika...although sometimes you have to wonder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, you make me laugh!! I am no longer in the dark about the toilet paper. Now can you explain the lack of garlic?? I mean really, it's not even available in freeze-dried or granulated form!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Nancy what you are saying is so true! Once we hit the CA border they all come out of the woodwork and on the highways! Lowe's, Home Depot etc are filled with people. One thing I found interesting is here in Northern CA all the Walmarts don't allow you to buy clothing or paint! Weird huh?! Good for you for helping out the local restaurants! Not a peep from Clinton Foundation or Obamas other than Michelle is teaming with Tom Hanks to promote mail in voting..hmmm..Enjoy your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No clothing or paint? What's up with that???? Another mystery for sure!!

      Delete
  3. Well, that's it for me. I wish you well but I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Yvette. I really try to stay out of politics, but I just haven't heard anything but give me the money. I haven't heard anyone talk about helping out or supporting the government.

      Delete
  4. Told you it was a hot mess in CA. As far as the train from nowhere to nowhere, it will NEVER be finished. Think how many electric car charging stations could have been built with all that $$$$$, and electric cars would be much more viable than they are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could have built MANY electric car stations for the amount spent on the high speed rail system.

      Delete
  5. Glad you made it home safely and hopefully won't get arrested for getting supper.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your green lawn.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY .. luckily I did not end up in jail. It's crazy times I guess.

      Delete
  6. That was some rant Nancy. I agree 100%. When you get your rig emptied come over and help me. I got the huge fridge emptied of the three items and that's about it. Still waiting for better weather. Glad you made it safely and watch for killer bugs. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to apologize for the rant. I really try hard not to do that.

      Delete
  7. I apparently missed the rant so had to come back. :O
    I'm glad you are home safe and all we want is for everyone to be careful and stay safe. If grocery stores can practice safe shopping why can't any of the small businesses? Restaurants, I understand take out only for now, how can they seat people within reason related to the 2.5 m. anyway, take care.

    ReplyDelete