Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's A Small World!!

On this trip, surprisingly I've met some great people from towns very close to my hometown.  The gas station attendant in Watson Lake is married to a lady whose family is from Turlock California.  Many were from the Stockton/Sacramento area and more from Southern California.

It was totally by Chance (no pun intended) that we ended up at THIS Thousand Trails park, where we ran into Lynn and Dave Cross of the Golden Spikes FMCA group and The Escapees group.  I met them in Yuma Arizona at a rally when I still had my fifth wheel.  I have to say it's like greeting family when you run into them in a totally unexpected place.

They have a new fifth wheel and truck that is absolutely gorgeous ... yes, the truck too!!  We got the grand tour yesterday and were amazed at the custom items they had installed to make it their home.  It's just beautiful!!  Pretty cool guys!!!  We exchanged "Alaska broken windshield" tales and compared souvenirs while we caught up on who was going where.

This is part of the RV'ing lifestyle I had not expected and makes me even happier with my decision to purchase my rig.  We are attending another Golden Spikes rally in Oregon mid August and I'm so looking forward to seeing all those "family" members and catching up on where their travels have taken them.  In the meantime, I'm terribly excited to take my rig on the ferry to Port Townsend!

Happy Trails!!!


2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed finding your blog, and went through most of your Alaska trip (since that is one of our options for next year). As for a small world....had an experience last year. I had six months of sick/vacation time before I retired in October (Public Library Director in Arkansas), and last year we visited some 23 states during that six months. While camped at Devil's Tower I saw a camper with Arkansas plates, and went over to talk. It was a couple from my County in Arkansas, and the wife was a heavy user of one of the Libraries. Go figure!

    Sure is nice to be retired now, isn't it?

    Dave (Marcia and Bubba and Skruffy)
    GoingRvWay.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE being retired. I never know what day it is!!! What could be better. Definitely go to Alaska ... the roads ( with a couple of exceptions ) are paved and MUCH better than I expected. Yes there is construction, I just went very slow. The only maybe road would be Top Of The World Road, as it can be slippery and dangerous depending on weather. Thanks for reading my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete