Thursday, July 18, 2013

Can You Say Credit Card?????

We left Fort St John after fueling up AGAIN and headed towards Dawson Creek to pick up Highway 97 South.  When you are traveling hard every day, that credit card bill adds up ... $962 since we left Tok 3 days ago.  I'm getting an average of a little under 9 miles per gallon.  I'm well over the 6,000 mile mark for this trip and still loving every minute of it!!

Going by Dawson Creek, there were yellow fields as far as you could see.  Who knew they grew all our mustard here?
Today's drive was a tough one ... Thursday must be truck day.  There were hundreds on the road, about half loaded with lumber.  You really have to pay attention to the dips in the road and the truckers who take up their side of the road and part of yours.
Here was the scariest part.  Every gas and oil rig in 500 miles was being moved on this highway today. They are ALL overwidth ... some hanging out more than two feet on each side.  These drivers usually kept to the far right, meaning if we did too, we wouldn't get our bell rung!!  There are two in this picture ... and many many more!!  I picked up a big rock from one truck that left a nice ding in the front paint ... and one of my down-low parking lights is toast .. broken lens, but still working.  
Then my Tire Tracker alarm went off.  It goes off about every 30 minutes ... yes, that's since May 2nd! One of the valve stems needs to be adjusted, but I don't have the tool.  When it went off today, it was for a different tire.  We stopped, took the sensor off the tire (it should read zero) and the unit still said there was 119 pounds of pressure.  Me thinks there is a problem!!  I've thought this for some time, but the Tire Tracker people keep trying to convince me otherwise.  We will hopefully meet up with them in Indio at FMCA and have a talk.  Maybe they can get it fixed.  It's like calling "wolf"!!!  You never know if it's real or not!!
Not such a long driving day today, we arrived at Bee Lazee RV Park south of Prince George BC about 3 pm.  The hubby is a bee keeper!!  As with all 30 amp sites, there are problems.  Dan and Patty could barely get their AC to run.  I had my AC, washer, dryer and TV on with no problems.  You just never know what it's going to be like.  Yes, I did turn mine off to see if theirs got better, but I must be on a different breaker.
I'm getting considerably stronger washing the windshield.  You simply cannot believe the bugs here.  It's so bad that every time we stop we are inundated with meat bees eating the carcasses.  I know, disgusting!!  You should have to wash the entire front end every night!!! 

Four days til Oregon!!   Tomorrow is another day and another adventure!!




No comments:

Post a Comment