Monday, August 5, 2019

You Dirty Rat!!!!

I've replaced my weather station with this sign Mr. Ed sent to me.  It's actually more accurate.  It was supposed to rain every day and cool off, but this side of Arizona is refusing to follow the weather guessers.  It's been hanging out around 102 every day and although I prefer rare, I'm almost cooked to well done.
In an effort to distract myself, I've taken to African-safari-like hunting adventures after the ever invasive and reclusive RAT.  That's better than scorpions or spiders.  You probably don't want to enlarge this image.  In fact, you may just want to scroll on down.

I would SO much rather deal with lizards or frogs or even crickets.  I would actually rather fight flies more than rats.  I don't mean to get gross here, but when you catch one, if you don't dispose of it immediately, within one day it starts to dissolve into oblivion.

It takes a pick-up stick to remove the trap from under the house.  After donning two pair of surgical gloves, along with a clothespin on my nose, I'm able to open the trap over the trash can, PRAYING it will just fall out without sticking to the metal bar.  That of course, never happens!!

By now I'm grossed out with this disgusting task.  At long last I succeeded in removing the carcass, but now have to sort of "clean it up" and deposit more bait.  Luckily I thought enough ahead to have a popsicle stick of peanut butter waiting.

I admit, I had to swallow real hard at one point, before resetting the trap under the house.  One more down, you dirty RAT!!!
For those trying to lose a couple of Keto pounds, I've discovered my newest dessert recipe.  After all, it IS all about the dessert!!  Sorry this is following the rat.

One box of Sugar Free INSTANT pudding, blended with half almond milk and half cream, the amount according to the directions on the package.  I could only find the large size, so I measured it out and only made half a batch.

It tastes delicious, just like chocolate mousse.  Perfect to get the thought of rats out of my brain.
One thing you can always count on in Arizona during monsoon season is lots of beautiful sunsets. 
For the most part, the storms have split just before arriving here, dumping rain all around, but rarely on my little corner of the world.  
Hopefully that changes soon, because I'm starving for COLD.
At least I'm not in Green Valley.  I just received a weather alert for excessive heat ... upwards of 111 today.  YIKES!!!  

I'm off to meet with the neighborhood girls for a morning of sewing, chit chat and what else, food.  I'm ready for all three.







8 comments:

  1. And if the coconut is smoking it's hot outside
    Why don't you get the throwaway traps an ty a string to it and then all you have to do is throw it away in the trashcan simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea but I haven't seen any throwaway traps here. These cost about $5 each. These guys weight in at about 5 pounds so the smaller traps don't work.

      Delete
  2. I don’t know anything about the Keto diet, I’ve lost 30 lbs using the lost it app. I just stay within the calorie count they set for me.
    JWM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW that's AWESOME! Good for you! I'll check out that app ... never heard of it before.

      Delete
  3. I was just going to suggest replacing the Traps but Ed beat me to it.
    You should just hang a picture of that Rat on the Fridge and you'll loose a ton of weight fast. LOL.
    If you don't get any Rain soon your area will probably have a repeat of last winter's Snow.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you're right about the fridge picture, although I did try one of me when I was 21. It didn't work. Rain in finally here ... I think.

      Delete
  4. Nice that you got that Rat taken care of , not a fun job but sometimes needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the first line on my honey-do list if I had a honey!

      Delete