Friday, August 9, 2019

Nature Mimics Me

Sometimes it's just jaw dropping, the colors that Mother Nature can produce.  This was yesterday's sunrise ... not sunset ...  that really early time in the morning when I'm outside with the puppies breathing in the humid Arizona air after hearing raindrops on the roof.
No thunder, no lightning and no Vail gale blowing things wildly around the back yard.  Just the peaceful beauty of the sun coming up.  Okay, enough of that as I stubbed my toe on the way back in.  OUCH!!!  Gosh that hurt, but at least not as bad as the original ouch.
I do have to say though, that Mother Nature is mimicking the colors in my extremity.  Yup .. there's those same shades of purple, pink and black, along with a few streaks of yellowish red.  
Once the pain subsided, I got to work on the tile.  I can tell you that grouting is NOT as easy as they make it look on TV.  Oh it was easy to get in the cracks alright, in spite of the fact the cracks were not as even as I would have liked.  

It was the sponge cleanup that went awry.  This being rather old tile, the grout didn't want to come off easily.  What a mess THAT was.  An entire roll of paper towels later, it is finally acceptable, although the super white grout (it's really off-white) is rather stark against the old dirty stuff.  

The pieces laying at the bottom are the old "top" pieces that I've been trying to replace.  In spite of three trips to town, I've yet to come up with enough pieces of anything to cover the top edge.  I'll keep looking.  No, the grout lines do not match up.  That wasn't a priority on the original job.
In other good news, the Chance family arrived back home with everyone intact.  I'm kind of sad that half the cactus went back to it's greenhouse, but I'm happy to say there were only two fatalities, a record for me.  Yes, I too could have a backyard full of cactus plants, but then I'd have to pack them back and forth between states.  I'd rather ooh and aah over someone else's handiwork.

With nothing much in the fridge for dinner, I barbecued a couple of chicken sausages I found in the freezer (no telling how long they have been there), filled with gruyere cheese.  I never saw nor tasted any cheese, but it was filling.
With the family back home, my rig had to be moved back to my house.  It was a test of backing abilities to be sure, to miss the edge of the building and not fall off the cliff on the other side.  She got home just in time for a nice cleansing rain this morning, which caused me to pop straight up out of bed.  The vent was open on top.  

Time to make that appointment for the recall due to smog something or other and see about getting that jack replaced ... the one that doesn't want to stay up.  In the meantime, it's also time to start cleaning this place up for poker.






4 comments:

  1. Love your pictures of the desert skies. Have fun with the poker bunch and good luck with the smog test and levelling jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean for Poker? Just give them enough beer and wine and they won't remember a thing.

      Delete
    2. I hope to get all that stuff taken care of before I leave, but it seems there are never enough hours in the day.

      Delete
    3. Haha Dave ... I would, but everyone would go home with half a pound of Jessie hair on their backs!!!

      Delete