Monday, August 26, 2019

Quail Sleep In

There's an order of things in the desert.  Certain things happen at certain times, which mostly I ignore.  Early yesterday morning ... like 4:00 early ... something was rattling the rocks around the water station.  I imagine it was javelinas.  They are usually up at O-Dark-Thirty creating havoc everywhere.

Once they disappear, it quiets down until the sun comes up.  Around 8:00 a few songbirds will tweet here and there, making coffee on the patio a must.  There is absolutely NO sign of quail.  Apparently they sleep in every day.

By 9:00, the bunnies and quail come out in force, heading for the water station.  In no time, they fly over the two foot tall brick wall and line up on one end of the yard.  It's feeding time.  Little by little, they make their way across the entire lawn, eating everything in their path.

Dad walks the top of the block wall keeping watch as Mom and babies eat their fill.  Once they get to the other side, they scurry back to the fence and fly back to the water station.  EVERY morning.  It's the order of things and fun to watch.
Since it took an entire day to find these zip-off-leg pants, I bought two pair.  It's weird how I tried on so many to find the right fit.  Due to some kind of magic, when I got home the second pair didn't fit at all.  I'm guessing the salesperson accidentally put the wrong pair back on the rack.

Miss Patty and I drove all the way back to trade for the more comfortable ... okay, BIGGER ... pair, but alas, they didn't fit like I wanted.  If you're going to pay this kind of price for a pair of pants, they better fit like a glove.  In the end, I got my money back.  One pair will have to suffice.
We also stopped off at Hobby Lobby for fabric.  Who knew they had fabric??  Not only that, but it's $7.99 a yard on sale for 30% off.  Are you kidding me?  At the "real" fabric stores it's $12 a yard!  SCORE!!  

Since we were in the hood, that called for a celebration lunch at a nice Greek restaurant called Opa's.  Everything comes with appetizers ... fresh homemade hummus and tazatziki sauce with pita and cucumbers.  We ordered the gyro salad.  This has to be the best meat I've ever eaten.  Their servings are so huge we split the order, ending up with a better-than-McDonalds bill of $10.  No kidding ... we were stuffed!!  Great food and fabric to boot.  It's the little things in life!!
I expect to hear from the Cummins Repair Shop today about the SCR valve for my rig.  In the meantime, I found this jewel and wonder if anyone has tried installing it themselves.  I can't tell you how much I love my combination lock on the garage door.  I never have to fight all my packages trying to locate the house key.  I know many motorhomes come with this type of lock, but mine did not.  I have a key fob type entry ... which is okay, I just think this might be better.  

It's Monday-meet-the-girls day, so I'll be heading up the hill with my latest project ... paper piecing.  Apparently you either love it or hate it.  This should be something interesting that will test my brain skills.  Sewing is the easy part!!  I'll let you know how it goes.


10 comments:

  1. Nancy, David and I ate at Opa's in Tucson twice. David is not into Greek food, but I love the place. Yes, their portions are big. Regarding your pants....if they are the pants that has a zipper on the leg and makes them into shorts...I have two pairs that I bought when we had the motorcycle...2003. I still have mine, but do not wear them. I bought them at REI. They are great as long pants during those cool mornings; once the weather became warm, I zipped the legs off & became shorts. Perhaps you should look into the catalogs of LL Bean and Lands End to see if they meet your needs. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the pants Lynn. There is an REI here, it's just about an hour away. I'll head on up there in a day or so and take a look. Thank you for the info!!

      Delete
  2. I have too pair of those pants as well but too big now, and am not willingbto get rid of them yet. That looks like a wonderful tasty lunch you enjoyed and deal on material too boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you just better put on a little weight so they fit!!! LOL I and ten other women I know wish we had your problem!

      Delete
  3. Our RV did come with keyless entry. The sun destroyed it. After it quit working, every time we would wash the RV the lights would glow eerily red, as if it was possessed. Then it would start chirping. We had the whole works disconnected. Which is not to say that this would happen to you.
    I hate buying pants, just hate it. Two pairs, the same size, will not fit the same. Last year I bought four pairs of the same shorts, REI brought them back this year, but they fit completely differently. Just makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird about your keyless entry. Your rig must have been trying to tell you something!
      I also hate buying pants. NOTHING fits!! And you are so right, two of the same size don't even fit. I always have to make a day of it cuz I'll be there four hours!!

      Delete
  4. Nice being able to watch the daily antics of the wildlife.
    We learned a long time ago that we try each piece of clothing we plan to buy because they may say the same size but most times are not.
    We prefer the Fobs for our vehicles but they also have the Keyless entry as a back up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my key fobs don't work and it makes me nervous. I don't want to get locked out!

      Delete
  5. no keyless entry for me . I have way to many numbers to remember now . Pin #'s password #'s street #'s . I know the green key get's me into the RV. Now if I just wasn't color blind . Vern in Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Vernon. Like you, I've got dozens and dozens of numbers to remember. I think if it originally came on the RV it might work. I actually program in THREE numbers to keyless locks, just in case I forget one! LOL

      Delete