Monday, August 12, 2019

A POKER WIN!!!!!

I don't think I've ever cleaned house so much in my life.  About 64 years ago, my Mom made me Queen of Clean, in spite of my protestations.  There was nothing I hated more than dusting and vacuuming, which is why I rarely do it today.

Oh I clean, but maybe one room at a time.  Saturday, I spent an entire eight hours sucking up all the bugs and grass clippings the dogs have brought in over the last year.  Thanks to my newly repaired vacuum, I even sucked a scorpion out a crack in the mopboard.  How cool was that!!

I even went so far as to mop the kitchen and bathroom floors.  That was a mistake because I used one of those wet mop thingies, requiring ANOTHER mopping to get rid of the sticky stuff.  So much for "progress".  I wish someone would come up with a Roomba that mops.  By the way, a Roomba is on my Christmas list.

Sunday I hid all the junky stuff I keep on my tables and made a delicious cherry crisp.  What could be better than brown sugar, oats, nuts and butter, melted over luscious cherry pie filling.  I guess I blew my diet pretty good with all the sugar I ate.

I wish I would have gotten this hand, but the closest I came was five 8's, which won a nice pot.  My luck was amazingly good last night.  The crazy games we play, like night baseball, woolworths, suicide king, numbers, elevator ... the list is endless ... result in an ebb and flow of chips.
Not chips like these, which were used in the old days.  They are made of ivory and are probably worth more than what the old West gamblers bet.  We had three tables going with a total of 14 people.  I play with the girls who are all sweet enough to let your cards speak for you.  The men play Texas Hold Em.  

The pots get HUGE.  Not really, as we all only put in $5 for the night, unless you are losing really bad, in which case you can always buy more.  That's usually me ... I buy more.  Not that I'm a bad player, but I rarely get the cards.  Last night was different for a change.
We stopped for dinner, which was seven chickens I picked up at Safeway.  I would never trust my cooking, and company shouldn't either.  Believe it or not, we ate all but ONE, which I happily cut up for Cooper's next few meals.

This was me by the end of the night.  I was exhausted from two days of cleaning and moving furniture.  It was all worth it, even if I was two hours late getting to bed.  Once I got there, for some weird reason, my feet began to cramp up.  For the next two hours I did the not-so-happy dance around my bedroom trying to get it to stop.
I had a lot of fun with these really nice people, and came out a big winner.  TEN CENTS!!  I WON TEN CENTS!!!  No matter, it was worth the fun!!

I wish I could say I'll be on the couch today, but I'm heading off to Quilting With Shirley and the girls, followed by Quilting With Swan.  Yes, her name is Swan.  Who names their daughter Swan??  I signed up for this class WAY before poker was in the works.  Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to get back home, whereupon I will crash and burn.  That's okay though, cuz I have TEN CENTS to spend!!!







8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you buff win. Sounds like y'all had a fun time. and chicken oh my gotta love those chickens. Now to have fun quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your big win. At least you didn't go away empty handed.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your quilting.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Don't spend it all in one place!
    Kind of like my 25¢ I found today at the Mat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're RICH!! Maybe more in friends than in money.

      Delete
  4. Do you have tile floors in the kitchen and bath? We got this:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G7CE334/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    It's great. Only uses water, no sticky stuff. Doesn't put a lot of water on the tile. We're believers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have linoleum in the kitchen ... not my favorite. Come to think of it, I do have a steam mop at the other house. Thank you Allison ... I think I'll order that one!!!

      Delete