Saturday, August 10, 2019

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow ... Or Not!

With the Chance family home, I had to say goodbye to all the cactus and plants I babysat for the last month.  I'm going to miss their smiling faces every morning as they poked me while I watered their little roots.  It took three trips to clear out the tables.

Then it was time to say goodbye to the fish.  I'm going to miss these guys crowding around the glass every morning and night when I walk up to feed them.  Luckily my starting and ending numbers were the same.  There were no memorials held in the bathroom, although these guys are so huge they probably would have done damage to my plumbing.
Except one parting!!!  It was THAT bathroom again ... the one where I always peek around the corner and turn the light on before stepping foot on the floor, making sure there are no spiders.  I spotted a dead worm under the edge of the counter.  

Hmmmmm I almost reached down to see, until fear struck me in the heart!  IT'S A SCORPION!!!  It looked kind of funny, like it was dead.  Taking no chances, I grabbed the toilet brush as a weapon.  

STAB!!!  AHA ... I GOT HIM!!  I was so thrilled, I almost forgot to take a picture.  He started to move, so I rapped the brush on the edge of the toilet ... down to the depths you go little buddy.

OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN SAVE ME .... he flipped right off that brush, flew through the air and landed on my foot!!!  A shot of adrenaline went through me and I jumped three feet in the air.  Stab stab STAB  as he scurried across the floor.  Finally, he was again impaled.  No, I'm NOT taking him outside.  I very carefully tapped the rim of the bowl this time and deposited him in the drink.  FLUSH ... and he was gone.  Parting was ever so sweet.
After THAT lovely morning wakeup, I planted myself on the couch with the door open to the back yard, listening to the nice rain.  It almost cooled off for a few minutes there.  It was time to plan a route to that cemetery.  It seems it is at the end of a very long dirt road with lots of twists and turns.

In the meantime, I was able to snag these images from my camera.  More of the spectacular sunsets of Arizona.  I also mowed the lawn.  It took thirty minutes including two breaks to cool off.  The desert can be hot, but then you knew that.  I'm looking forward to the parting of summer ... no sweet sorrow there.

Every single night I look out the sliding glass doors to see beauty like this.  It makes you happy to be alive.
Parting IS sweet sorrow as the sun goes down and the colors turn to black.
It's clean house day as I vacuum up all that Jessie dog hair and hide all the flotsam and jetsam I leave out on the counters every day.  I will double check that bathroom to be sure there are no more critters lurking around before the poker players show up tomorrow.  

It's going to be cloudy all day with rain coming in again around 3:00.  I think summer is finally on it's way out.  Trouble is, that means all the critters will be on their way in as rain floods their homes.  No problemo ... my toilet bush is at hand!!





6 comments:

  1. Nice that you spotted that critter and stabbed with the brush and gave him the royal flush, poker right?
    Love the desert sunsets, thanks for sharing even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Yup ... you are right ... the royal flush!!

      Delete
  2. All critters seem to find new homes when mother nature kicks them out of theirs. Maybe you might stock up on Toilette Brushes.
    Love those Arizona Sunrises and Sunsets
    Be Safe checking the floor and cabinets and Enjoy.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike Rick ... I've got a brush in three rooms, just in case.

      Delete
  3. I hate scorpions, they just give me the willies. We have killed three indoors, they've all been slow movers. Not sure why that would be. I have to wonder what's happening in our back yard at the moment since I think we did get some rain out at the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Allison ... bugs I can deal with, but scorpions ... eeewwwww!! We got quite a bit of rain, another several hours of it yesterday. I hope you only have green growy things and not any damage. The desert is starting to green up again.

      Delete