Friday, March 24, 2023

Visiting With Friends

When Tom and Deb in the Stinger Bee said they were in Northwest Tucson, I said I would drive out for a visit.  I've been trying to catch up with several RV friends this year, but our paths never did cross at the right time.  I didn't want to miss this chance.

I figured a quick 30 minute drive.  Little did I realize they were clear on the OTHER side of the mountains, a minimum 45 minute drive!  No problem ... I'll find them sooner or later.  Turns out it was later since I took the shortcut that wasn't so very short.

YAY I found them!!  BOO ... my time there was way too short.  We talked up a storm ... which is what happens when you haven't seen friends in a year.  

Sadly, neither of us took a picture of our little trio.  While we talked, Deb cooked up a delicious cheeseburger salad and we tried out some fresh made egg rolls from another rig at the park.  YUM YUM!!

Just when I was going to go out and bring in this quilt for them, she said WAIT ... I HAVE DESSERT!


 As you know, you don't have to tell me TWICE!!  Oh my goodness ... this cheesecake with strawberries and whipped cream was DELICIOUS!!


Then Deb brought out some fabric her mother had been working on.  An entire quilt top ready to be quilted, along with lots of extra pieces.  I'm taking it all home where I may even be able to make a SECOND quilt that I will bring back for her on my next trip.  Mother-made quilts are pretty special and should be finished and enjoyed.

It was finally time to go since I also had a date with the Chance household for dinner out.  We went basically around the corner to Serial Grillers and had one of their amazing salads.  That gave me the strength to immediately head out and get fuel for my truck.  Easter is coming so fuel has gone up 50 cents a gallon here.  I always use up my Safeway discount before I leave.

This is the last sunset I will see here as I was finally back home to collapse on the couch.  There's still more packing to do, but hopefully I leave on time because I have one more stop to make in Casa Grande. 


Head em up ..... move em out!!!




22 comments:

  1. May the roads be smooth and the wind at your back on each day of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a lovely thought!!! Nah ... it didn't happen! LOL

      Delete
  2. That quilt matches Tom and Debs rig so very nicely. I bet you made that one on purpose. So nice when you can meet up with friends and we hope to do that next year as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite part of the journey ... catching up with everyone along the way.

      Delete
  3. Nancy ... happy travels...be safe out there!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now my engine battery is not holding its charge as much as I like, so another easy project today, along with cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen counter/sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always takes a lot to get going. A new battery is a must!

      Delete
  5. Aww...sounds like a wonderful visit. The quilt does match the Stinger Bee. Very clever. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt, very sweet of you! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... so far the trip is ... well ... different.

      Delete
  7. Mother Quilts are very special and should be finished.
    Glad you met up with Tom and Deb.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Grand House.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad you folks connected. Beautiful quilt! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you safe travels. Enjoy your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice you met up with Tom and Deb. That quilt is perfect for them, you are so generous.
    I'm glad you made it here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is the right color. I had a great time catching up!!

      Delete
  11. We were so glad you made the trip over to visit. Never seems to be enough time when you are enjoying visiting with friends. We love, love our quilt, thank you so much. Safe travels. Tom and Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ... I just love meeting up ... and you had cheesecake too!!!! LOL. Big hugs ... I'll send you pictures of Mom's quilt.

      Delete