Monday, March 6, 2023

IT WAS COLOSSAL!!

 It doesn't get any better than this picture.  It was a colossal morning and afternoon in Arizona, even if that train did park there for two hours, right in front of my nice view.  It was a balmy 70 degrees ... perfect for patio time.  

Too bad it won't last.  The forecast calls for mostly clouds all day, bringing in a little more rain tomorrow, but the temps are staying up in the 70's.  YAHOO!!!


I finished this lap quilt in the morning, sewing on the outside border.  This is another of the older quilts from my stash, that came from Alaska many years ago.  There were a few hitches ... the pattern instructions were not correct when it came to cutting ... which meant they were short on one of the colors.  I had to hoochy-goo around that, but was able to make it work, and I don't think anyone can see it.  


I made several trips outside just to sit in my chair and watch the critters.  These are the guys that wake you from your afternoon nap with their banging on your fireplace chimney.  It sounds like a machine gun!  Apparently they like the hummingbird food because they are always sipping the nectar.


This guy is here every morning at 5:30 singing for a mate I guess.  He's after the seed I put out for the quail.  It's just amazing how beautiful these birds are.


Back inside, I put this quilt on my frame.  I've been waiting for two years to quilt it because I wanted to do a great job ... having a little more experience under my belt.  It started out fabulously!  I LOVE THIS PATTERN!!


Then there was a colossal error!!  These machines are temperamental.  There are long cords from the back that follow the machine along.  I think one got hung up just a tad and I got a buffer error.  When I restarted the machine, there was a bone chilling grind so I stopped it in its tracks.

Just like any computer, turn it all off (deleting everything), turn it back on and reset.  Too bad the machine couldn't remember where it was.  COLOSSAL frustration ensued.

I finally just turned it off and walked away.  Unusual for me.  The Tech gurus don't work on weekends, so it's been sitting ever since.  I'll take another look see this morning before calling in the cavalry.


Time for lunch at Montgomerys Grill and Saloon.  It's rather weird that it looks like a huge building, but there are very few tables at which to sit.  Luckily we got the last one.  This was a planned foray into food coma territory.

Colossal Nachos is the name of this monster.  Patty and Dan got the full version, served on a platter big enough for your Christmas turkey.  I got the HALF .. served on a large dinner plate.  Good grief Charlie Brown ... that's a LOT of food to eat!!  We munched away for about an hour before I asked for a to-go box.  


Back at the Chance Ranch, we settled in to binge on 1923.  Most have probably watched Yellowstone.  I admit, I have not.  The language turned me off immediately.  If you remember though, we DID watch 1883 ... about the Dutton family coming west in a covered wagon.  

They did skip a few years, so it was hard to figure out who was who in the 1923 series.  That had us guessing the entire afternoon ... is that the kid?  No, I think THAT'S the kid.  Nope ... oh well.  

Add to that the telling of three different stories at once, in three completely different locations, and it becomes difficult to tell what the heck is going on.  Still ... it's a cowboy movie, so you know I'm all over it.  So far this one is about the war over grazing land between the cattle owners and sheep herders, not to mention big game hunting in Africa.  Yeah, it's confusing.


There's going to be a colossal amount of series binge watching going on, since they are up to 8 episodes and we only watched 3.  We'll wait for a rainy day to proceed.  In the meantime, I'm now looking for a contractor to repair the garage roof facing.  Yup ... it never ends!!






17 comments:

  1. Yellowstone language had me turning off before the first 30 minutes too. I’m not a prude and have drop a few choice words myself but a bit of a filter would be nice.
    Technology works well when it does, otherwise we hate it. Lol.
    The food looked fantastic.
    Great views, very pretty, even with the train.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about technology!! It's a love hate relationship.

      Delete
  2. We had to google the Dutton family tree to understand who everyone was on 1923. I think we got it figured out but we still get confused once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have not watch any of the three series...but 1883 is now free with a trial subscription of P+, and 1923 is free on Prime...but I doubt we will get this in before we leave in less than a month from now.

    Hope that quilt works out, it looked like it was going to be a real nice looking one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wish they had followed the story a little better. That 40 year jump seems to have missed some stuff.

      Delete
  4. That woodpecker and the cardinal are stocking up so they can get to "The Ridge ".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right. Isn't that funny? We see them here before they fly all the way up to you!!

      Delete
  5. I loved 1883 and 1923. But I still can't get into Yellowstone. I'll watch a little and then think...that's enough of this. I wish I could have shared those nachos with you.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's me too ... I just can't get in to Yellowstone. I'm sure because I liked the old days better! I would gladly share my nachos with you!

      Delete
  6. How lovely to see those birds in the morning taking their food and posing for you. On that last photo of the quilt the pattern is really ornate and beautiful. Hopefully you can resume where it stopped. It would be such a shame if you had to do it over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can get the quilt done ... only 5 rows to go!!

      Delete
  7. Cute birds. I loved Yellowstone, but never got a chance yet to see the other two. Didn't even know there was a 1923. If bad words turn you off, I'm sure you're not a Gold Rush fan 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold rush isn't near as bad as Yellowstone!! You should watch 1883 AND 1923 ... both are excellent!!

      Delete
  8. Tom and I do not watch television so we cannot comment about any of these shows. That quilt pattern looks beautiful hope you were able to get it back on track.
    What a great morning picture of your view, train and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit ... I keep the TV on all the time for company. My favorite is the National Geographic channel. I learn lots of good stuff.

      Delete
  9. I wanted, really wanted to watch Yellowstone because of Kevin and the western attire but i agree about too much profanity. 😢
    I agree, that picture was a 10!! Even with the train.
    Beautiful quilts, as always and those nachos, yummy.
    Glad your weather is warmer too.

    ReplyDelete