Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Put On Your Sunglasses!

Thank you Mother Nature for the beautiful, warm and sunny weather we have had for two days in a row.  It was actually overcast in the morning, but in the afternoon my house got up to 72 degrees all on its own.  I almost had to turn the air conditioning on!! 

It's been rather quiet in the back forty.  Every morning I check the critter cam to find this guy romping around the water station.  It just amazes me that I rarely see him during the day.  These guys seem to drink a LOT of water.

Where are the coyotes you ask?  They are romping with each other near their dens.  In another two months, there will be babies taking up much of their time.


Since it was such a beautiful day, Patty and I headed off to the quilt store in Green Valley.  The quilt I dislike needs backing so it can be quilted before I leave.  I can't believe we found it at Joanns for a measly $35.  This is a BIG quilt!!  An excellent find since this is a donation quilt.  You watch ... once quilted, I'll not want to give it away!


Put on your sunglasses!!  That's when I found THIS!  I have a pattern for a weird thing called a stack and whack.  You never know what it will look like until you sew it together ... and it's a one fabric wonder.  This should be fun!!


When Patty was here previously, she and a friend tried out a new restaurant.  It was so good, she said we had to stop for lunch.  She has NEVER known me to say no.  They were packed, but luckily we got a table.  I've never EVER had food delivered that fast in a completely full restaurant.


Of course I left my phone on the couch at home, so Patty took this picture of her turkey bacon melt (least I think that's what it was) and my tuna salad on a croissant.  Oohhhh fancy!!!  Yes, I tried to be good by ordering the "salad" ... then I ate half of Patty's sweet potato fries!!

On the way out, we drooled over the pastry case, ending up with two pieces of cake to take home.  If you are ever in the area, be sure and stop in here.  Parking is sparse, but it's worth the walk.


Back home after putting the fabric away, I got up enough nerve to start up my machine again.  This time it didn't start exactly where it should have.  That old saying about never make a quilt perfect because only God can do that?  He has no worries when it comes to me.  

When I got to the end, there wasn't enough space left, so I had to adjust the pattern.  It SO goes against my grain that the numbers never come out perfectly ... you know, that accountant thing.  BUT the machine finished up the last four rows with nary a hiccup!  

So my dilemma .... do I call off the repair man?  I think I'll call him today and let HIM make the decision.


After 3-1/2 hours of quilting, I skipped dinner and watched another section of the Houston Rodeo before heading out to look for the moon.  The first two times I was a little early.  Distracted by a video on my phone, I almost missed it altogether.  Okay, I missed it altogether.


This morning though ... it was shining brightly above my house.  It's interesting to note that I think every single time I've photographed the moon, it always looks almost exactly like this.  The dark spots are always in the same place.  It looks like the man in the moon got punched in the kazoo.


Since I was actually able to find diesel for $3.89 a gallon (with discount), I think I'll go for a drive today.  I do love to explore, but when it ends up costing $50-100 just for the fuel, it takes the fun out of it.  The desert should be breaking out in blooms any time now.  My backyard is, but sadly, it's all weeds that are blooming!!

We are looking at sun all week, then back to rain.  Best to play when the sun is shining bright!


15 comments:

  1. We only see our bunnies at night. The only time we see them during the day is when Dakota scares one from a brush pile on our walkabouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they stay awake so they don't get eaten, I just never noticed it before.

      Delete
  2. I see a bunny often out here on our walks but they are skittish so i have to be fast and usually I'm not.
    That restaurant should like a great place to go. Good food and fast service is hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sure* not should. Lol
      Enjoy the warm weather, it's getting hot here too, 80's and mid 70's. Finally!

      Delete
    2. Gosh ... shorts weather has arrived?

      Delete
  3. The food looks delicious at that restaurant! Love the bright material you bought! Very spring like! reminds me of Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right ... it does look like Easter!! My how time flies.

      Delete
  4. Off topic a bit....I just watched a YouTube of this couple who tested different brands of toilet paper to see how they break up. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceCdXandlLU&ab_channel=WanderingWeekends) I think they did a fair test, and they found that the "RV" rated toilet paper is not necessarily the best choice. It's 12 minutes long, worth the look in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I haven't used RV toilet paper in years. I did a test myself and found Scotts to be much better at disintegration. I'll look it up and see what they think.

      Delete
  5. Weeds are simply plants growing where you wish they wouldn't. If you decide to appreciate them where they are, they stop being weeds. :)
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well true ..... but they also grow faster and require more mowing!! LOL

      Delete
  6. Hi Nancy
    Your quilts are beautiful!
    To answer your question I live in San Luis Obispo, CA. Retired and enjoying the coast.
    Enjoy your blogs.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ..... GREAT place to live. Isn't retirement wonderful???

      Delete
  7. I wonder if rabbits multiply in the spring. That lunch plate looked perfect. Love my bread toasted that way. Enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I"m sure they do multiply. I see babies quite often.

      Delete