Thursday, March 16, 2023

Cool ... Calm ... Collected

Hah!!!  I'm not any of those things ... cool, clam OR collected ... but I did sit down and watch yet another amazing sunrise.  This is three pictures stitched together by Photoshop, a panorama of sorts.  As with most sunrises, it flies off on fleet feet as the sun comes up, leaving dark cloudy skies.  


And then the rains came.  The good part is it gave me time to think about my longarm machine.


I couldn't pick between these two pictures, so you get both today.  As to my machine, I knew I had the paperwork somewhere, so I spent a good 30 minutes looking for it.  It was bugging me that I couldn't put my fingers on it like a good accountant should.  At long last I found the stack and what should appear right on top?  MY 4 YEAR SERVICE AGREEMENT.  What??  I don't remember buying that at all.

It took awhile for me to decide what to do with it, but I called the shop and spoke to a nice lady.  Here's my dilemma.  Should I have Mr. Ed (not my friend Mr. Ed from the blog) try to make the repairs or should I send it off to the "professionals" at the shop in three months when I return.  I can't use it anyway since I won't be here.  They will return it within a few days so I won't be without it for any length of time.


As I contemplated that decision, I looked out the back window to find this curve-billed thrasher sitting ever so patiently on the fence.  I'm pretty sure he and his mate have a nest down under the cactus in my flowerbed.  I see them moving around there often.  They are very good at aerating my grass, or what is supposed to be my grass, poking holes and looking for bugs.  Eat away my little friends.


That's when I decided to be patient and have the experts repair my machine.  I'm leaving very soon anyway and only have one quilt left to work on.  The shop said they would come and pick it up AND return it when repaired ... and I don't have to pay a dime.  It's worth it to me to be a little more patient.

Ed was more than nice about it when I called him and cancelled the surgery.  I cleared off the already set up surgical table and removed this quilt from the frame.  


I'm not exactly collected now (that's a trait that eludes me), but I'm calmer and can concentrate on finishing up other quilt tops.  Gosh ... I vacuumed the entire house for nothing.  AND I borrowed a coffee pot from the Chance house because I heard Ed loved coffee.  He didn't drink not one cup.  It was a sign.

In the meantime, Nancy put away some of Cooper's favorite toys when she vacuumed and now cannot find them.  Again I searched the house because SOMEONE is not a happy camper.  He's sulking on the couch.  I better find it or get out the "good" bag of treats!!

Many thanks to everyone who wrote on my blog ... I SO appreciate the support when I'm having a complete breakdown over something so small!!  I guess I'm just getting old!!  



18 comments:

  1. We worry about things that matter to us. We all worry differently and we find solutions that work. Comfort in the decision comes through in your post. Calling the right people worked best, put your mind at ease. So therefore it was the right solution.
    Love the sunrise pics!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a smart decision. That way, if it does need something major they cannot blame it on someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found the warranty! The pictures are beautiful.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Frances ... me too. I do love taking those pictures.

      Delete
  4. Better see if that four year service agreement can be extended another four years or so... LOVE those sunrise pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it can, but at what cost. Probably worth it!

      Delete
  5. Only you can make an exciting story about a quilting machine. :O)
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Bob .... It's easy when it's machinery we're talking about.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow. ...that sunrise! Lol to Bob's comment. That's our Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are funny!! I just think I should share all my crazy stress related happenings with the world. I get good advice that way!!

      Delete
  7. Good decision, I believe, to use the warranty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene ... I might as well take advantage of the warranty.

      Delete
  8. The blogger…. says send it out πŸ‘ …. Or you could send it to me I’ve got three different kinds of hammers 12 different kinds of screwdrivers and a blow torch did I say I love the tinker πŸͺ“πŸͺ›πŸ”§πŸ”¨πŸ› ⛏πŸͺš

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ... blow torch!!! Yeah, that might be MY solution!!

      Delete
  9. Wow, you found a service agreement you need to use before it had expired that alone is a sign. In all seriousness the fact that you said, you were calmer says it was the right decision.
    What a beautiful pictures of the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow after YOUR sunrise and sunset pictures Deb.

      Delete