Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Home Sweet Home

 Gosh .... this is going to be a truly boring blog today with absolutely NO accidents to report.  For which I am exceedingly thankful!!!

I was still watching the weather, mostly for the wind speeds.  I don't mind driving in the rain, I just don't like to be pushed back and forth across the freeway.  It wasn't looking all that great.  Since I'm always up so early anyway, I decided to head on out.

I'm pretty sure my RV park neighbors weren't all that happy to hear my truck start up and a little slam banging, but that's the way it goes.  I pretended I was their alarm clock and was on the road by 6:00 am.  I've always been a slow-ER driver, not needing to go 65-75 mph like most RV's.  I just sit back, enjoy the ride and let everyone pass me by.  If I timed it right, I would miss the wind and rain.

That meant it took me 40 minutes just to get OUT of Bakersfield.  No sir, the construction is NOT finished and the Hwy 99 North turnoff is still a big fat mess, made worse by those drivers who want to scream by you, just to slam on the brakes and try to squeeze in can opener style.

The rest of the three hour trip was uneventful as I cruised along at 58 mph.  I guess the crazies aren't out that early in the morning.


I got home just in the knick of time as the winds picked up and the rain began falling.  This storm lost it's gumption and hung around for a solid 11 hours.  It didn't rain hard, but it kept up all day long.  That didn't bode well for unpacking.

Cooper was the first in the house, followed shortly after by Jonathan.  He talked up a storm and seems to be okay this morning.  If he eats today, I'll know he's good.  Birds are funny ... they will look absolutely great and normal ... and then they just fall off the perch and die.  They try to make sure the predators think they are fine .... then they crash.  Today will tell the tale.


Cooper promptly crawled up on the couch next to me and went to sleep.  All that vibration and jiggling makes him a little sick, so he was VERY happy to have the couch not move.


I made one quick trip to the Post Office to get my mail.  Too bad the government doesn't get with the program and go paperless like everyone else.  The only reason I have the p.o. box now is for those 1099's and W-2's for my taxes.  

On the way home, I decided to splurge and hit up Panda Express.  The smaller container is bothersome for the same $11.00, but I do love their food.  I wish I could duplicate it.  

This time I got their honey sesame chicken breast and of course the usual orange chicken.  If you haven't tried the sesame ... it's BEYOND delicious!!!  I think it's my new favorite and I need to find a recipe.


You may have noticed it was Tuesday .... isn't that Bingo day?  Yes ... yes it is ... but THIS day I decided I just needed to veg out, rest up and count my blessings.

NOW however, I have to figure out why none of my outside security lights are working!  It's one of those programmable things ... so tiny you can't see to program it.  To be honest, I'm rightly thankful to have that problem on this day because I'm here and I'm ALIVE!!





22 comments:

  1. To Dave Burdick ... your blog won't let me comment unless I'm logged in to Google ... but I AM logged in to Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a blogger problem that you can get around by adding "exceptions" to what Firefox calls "Enhanced Tracking Protection"...just add the websites you want to have ignore the strict restrictions that are now standard in Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. I have just allowed anonymous postings...but if I get too many spams I will need to take that away again. Be sure to post your name so I know who I am talking to...

      Delete
  2. Glad you are HOME Nancy. Looks like I-80 got shut down again with that snow last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did ... it's going to be a crazy spring if it ever gets here!!

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! I bet you and your critters are happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do rather like my quiet little life here and I appreciate it a little more now.

      Delete
  4. So glad you made it home Nancy. Rest up!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Frances ... thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Honey sesame chicken breast sounds delicious. Is that a new menu item? 🤔 And welcome back to CA...where the government is still "sticking" to the people. Oh well...for the next few days just relax and enjoy being home. Then we can deal with CA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a new "flavor" ... and the one I had was delicious. Yes, California is awful, but the alternative of a head on crash is worse I guess.

      Delete
  6. Glad you made it home. Time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking my cue from you Doug. Glad you made it safely also.

      Delete
  7. Honey sesame chicken breast? I'll put that on my list. Thanks.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy ... think I'll have to try and find a recipe.

      Delete
  8. Glad you made it home safely with no more excitement. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. A big sigh of relief Bill ..... and the check engine light just went out.

      Delete
  10. Welcome home, Nancy. Cooper and Jonathan will be happy too. I hope J eats. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief ... I know you know the feeling.

      Delete
  11. Not going to Bingo was a great idea. A good rest for the three of you will be what you need. Glad that you are safely home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really needed a week to get organized anyway. I won't tell them!! LOL

      Delete