Tuesday, March 7, 2023

I Love Having NICE Neighbors

Woohoo!!  Mother Nature has put on her best sundress from Mexico!  Just look at those colors!  You notice it immediately when you look outside and everything is pink.  THIS is a sunrise ... a beautiful display of morning light that makes me smile every time!


Don't get me wrong ... it was cold as all get out as I stood outside waiting for it to peak.  Five minutes later it was gone.  Too bad they are so fleeting.


After feeding the demanding kid, he insisted we play the ball game.  HIS idea of fun is to push the ball under something with his nose, then bark until "I" go get it.  I tell you, that's why I'm still so limber at my ancient age.


Then it was back to working on this quilt.  Just by luck, I was able to get it started back at the right spot.  It worked just fine for two rows.  YAY!!  I'm back in business.  

Not so fast whippersnapper!!  Crunch crunch, grind grind ... an error message popped up ... USB unplugged.  I had to hit the OFF button, and I was back to square one.


That brought about a much needed trip to my neighbor's house ... the Queen of Quilting ... Shirley.  She makes the most amazing quilts you've ever seen.  Apparently she has had a couple of the same error messages, so she showed me what she did on her machine to fix it.  

The next best part ... I got to meet Koda!  What a beauty he is!!  He was happy chewing his bone until he got a big case of "race horse", where he ran around the living room nonstop!  You can't see it, but he has a very long tail ... which knocked over my drink.  We will ALL remember to watch the tail from now on!!


Shirley also called her quilting machine repair man and asked if he would take on one more customer since he is really retired.  Yahoo ... he said yes!  I'll try one more time to see if I can get it going, but if not, he will be here this Friday to check things out.  I'm thankful every day for my wonderful friends.

Back home, I decided to whip of one of those recipes you see on Facebook all the time.  This was a mistake with a capital M.  My tip of the day ... DO NOT make this.

It's just cheese and pepperoni ... a nice Keto snack.  After 30 minutes in the oven, the cheese didn't crisp up as promised, but became tough as leather.  Although the pepperoni was crispy, it was swimming in half an inch of grease.  Not wanting to be wasteful, I drained them on paper towels (there were only six in my pan) and ate two.  

Okay, I'm wasteful.  I threw out the remaining four.  This recipe went in my TRASH bin!


Someone mentioned they had not ever seen any Mexican locomotives before.  Here's one of several that cruise by during the month.  This is Ferromex ... a private group consortium that operates the largest railroad in Mexico with about 7500 miles of track.  This one is headed back that direction.


While taking a picture of the train, I noticed my poor garden wind spinner had taken a hit.  My biggest 3' tall pottery piece fell over on it in the last big wind.  I tried to bend it back, but it was a no-go.  It just became garden art along the wall.


That was it ... a great day visiting with neighbors while I tried to get that quilt finished.  Just because I'm so persistent, I'll try again today.  I gave a big hug to my kid and we were off to bed.


This morning I'm heading out to Green Valley for some cheap backing fabric for the quilt I hate ... to become a donation quilt if I can get my machine going again.  I'm also making a roadrunner (more on that later) and a fabulous new quilt ... maybe TWO.  A trip to a "quilter's house" ALWAYS results in new patterns.  Sssshhhhh don't tell my wallet.




14 comments:

  1. That game with Cooper would drive me to drink! But then Koda would probably knock it over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!!! The only thing good about playing with Cooper is you remain exceptionally flexible crawling around on the floor! LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the sunrise but they are fleeting, one must be quick.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Sometimes I'm not fast enough and miss them.

      Delete
  3. Marcia has taken grated Parmesan Cheese and laid out on parchment paper into little small bunches and put into the toaster oven. This cheese does not 'oil up' like other cheeses, and we never thought about putting Salami on top....hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one yet ... but I will now!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunrise! Your kid is certainly spoiled :) haha. Koda is beautiful too and how nice to have good neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Koda is adorable! Such an innocent look. Was that pix before or after the spillage?
    Cooper is always adorable, don't want to forget the little ball monster. 💕
    Neighbors and friends, wonderful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Koda a beauty? I love the innocent look on his face.

      Delete
  6. You are very lucky to have such wonderful neighbors/friends. Those dog tails can be dangerous it is a good thing he is so cute. Cooper does now how to keep you limber...lol Great sunrise picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am VERY lucky ... wonderful neighbors to help and no late night booze parties!!

      Delete
  7. I've never seen a Mexican locomotive. I'll have to start paying attention. I think Koda is very regal looking. Yay for good and helpful neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The engines are usually red and black ... never leading the pack, but usually in the middle of the train.

      Delete