Friday, November 29, 2019

WHY Did I DO That!!!!

I've been known to eat so much I made myself sick.  It just takes way too long for the full button to be pushed, setting off that screaming alarm not to eat another bite.  Just like this picture, I was a real piggy yesterday!!
I got antsy just sitting, so I put the turkey in the oven an hour early.  I've no idea if the temperature in the oven is correct.  The smaller oven on the left seems to be off by around 50 degrees, rather important in the turkey cooking department, so I used the big oven.

See the little thermometer?  It's not correct either.  Such is the life when your Chef hat is always askance.
I set the table, but it looked nothing like this.  I just added the picture for ambience.
At the appointed time, I checked the turkey with my handy dandy stainless steel digital thermometer. It didn't read near high enough.   Another hour passed and I tested it again.  Perfect, or so I thought.  It looks good, right?
Next up I brought out that bag-o-sweet-potatoes I picked up at the grocery store.  There was a guy giving out samples.  They come frozen, so obviously, I thought they were precooked.  I was wrong.  I slapped on a lid and gave them another 20 minutes while I whipped up some gravy.  I admit, I cheat in that department.  To give my turkey gravy more flavor, I dump in a packet of turkey gravy mix.  It works perfectly every time.
I had a little trouble slicing up the nicely browned bird.  Yes it was done, but I really like tender meat.  It seems to me turkey used to be much better in the old days.  Maybe it was my dull knives.  

At long last, my plate was full.  Honestly, this is about twice what I would normally eat, but the smells got to me.  I consciously ate slower than normal, trying to savor every bite.  In 5 minutes, it was gone, even the thinly sliced brussell sprouts with walnuts and parmesan. 

Gosh, that was SO good, maybe I'll have just a tad bit more.  I ate every single morsel of that too.  Why did I do that??  I just KNEW I was going to be miserable.
But hey ..... what's Thanksgiving without dessert?  This is the one I made the day before that I was going to give you the recipe for.  I changed my mind when I discovered the small print.  Must eat in 48 hours.  Are you kidding me?  That means I have to eat all of this TODAY!!!  I think that's not going to happen since I'm still full to the gills from yesterday!  I ate only one, discovering it separates quickly.  What a shame.
Trouble was, that pecan pie I made kept calling my name ... over and over and .......

Tired of the noise in my head, I cut a piece, smothered it in whipped cream and ate that TOO!!!  WHY DID I DO THAT?  By 5:00 I was so miserable I was laying on the floor.  
It's Black Friday, so maybe a shopping spree where I can stand upright and move around for a couple of hours will help my current oh-my-stomach-is-killing-me situation.  I mean really, I'm STILL full!! I even passed on my morning coffee.

On second thought, maybe I'll sit here at the computer and look for Cyber Monday deals.  

Nancy ..... N  a  n  c  y  !!!  I'm heeeeeere!  Lovely sweet yummy delicious pecan pie!!!!!






10 comments:

  1. We all have that problem even if we say we won't over-eat we do.
    Did you know that Coffee is a great appetite suppressor and it helps the digestive tract.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Pecan Pie.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I haven't overeaten like that since last Thanksgiving, or at least not that I can remember. The pie was delicious!

      Delete
  2. Nancy oh Nancy. Do I need to come over there and give you a talking to? Or, rather do I need to come over there and help you eat that lovely looking dessert??? I'd love the recipe, you still have another day to eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice would be to cut the recipe in half. It really was tasty! I'll get it to you!

      Delete
  3. I am with Patsy...the desert looks delicious I would have been willing to help another woman out of this type of dilemma...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you are so far away. Maybe I can ship it to you!! It is mighty tasty!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Why thank you Dave. It isn't everyone that hears voices in their head telling them to eat pie!!

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness you are too funny! Love the pig! Pecan pie looks so yummy. Funny, you were laying on the floor!! You had us both cracking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just might paint the pig in my new watercolor class! No joke, I was on the floor flat as a pancake. No more overeating!

      Delete