Friday, November 22, 2019

And We Have ICE CREAM!!

For those that have attended the Golden Spike rally within a rally in Indio, actually the Western Motorhome Association rally, you know my pain.  This is a great group of people who support me in every respect when it comes to getting (and handing out) ice cream on not one but TWO days, to about 2000 people.

Over the years, I went bananas trying to be sure Schwans would deliver the goods.  After the first disaster when NO ice cream arrived, the Golden Spike Hand-Out Group changed their shirts so no one would know who we were.  The uproar over a 50 cent ice cream that didn't appear, was beyond imagination.  We NEVER want a repeat of THAT!

Last year, for the first time, we were awarded two freezers, which meant I could pick up the ice cream myself from local suppliers and VOILA! all the pain went away.

Still gun shy however, I made the call yesterday to Costco for their wonderful Magnum look-alike bars.  Amazingly, the same Manager answered the phone.  He even remembered who I was.  I placed the order and DONE!!  We have ice cream bars.  Woohoo!!

Next up ... the vanilla buckets of goodness from Smart and Final.  I was again shocked to find the same Manager still in residence.  Here's the thing ... the Managers at Schwans changed monthly, so I never knew WHO I might talk to, if I even got ahold of anyone.

75 gallons ordered just like that.  I must be in dreamland.  I guess I drank all that wine for nothing!!  WE HAVE ICE CREAM!!!
I spent the rest of the day working on this Civil War quilt.  Not a quilt really, just a table topper.  I have no clue what I was thinking when I bought this five years ago.  Seriously, there are 84 one inch red squares that I marked on the back and sewed to 84 MORE pieces.  
It's a good thing this was small.  If it was quilt sized, it would never see the light of day.  I can't believe I sewed the WHOLE thing.  I'm not sure Civil War works well with cowboy.  Maybe it will become a wall hanging in the bathroom.
In other amazing news of the day, I finally made it to the AAA Insurance Office for my DMV tags.  I explained my problem ... DMV sent the tags to the wrong address.  And what address would that be?  She looked it up.  They sent it to my actual, working, receive-mail-there-every-day post office box.  

Wait .... the lady on the phone told me they sent it to Bellevue Road.  "No" she said "they sent it to the real Post Office".  So who do I blame now?  No tags were received at my box.  More evidence of excellent government service.  

To add insult to injury, I had to pay $22 to get one tiny little new tag, even though it wasn't my fault I didn't receive it.  I just LOVE working with government offices.

When I returned home, I spotted this on the internet.  It's painted in watercolors by a friend from my Photography Classes at the college, many moons ago.  She's a fascinating lady from Sweden (or somewhere over there) who is a recent cancer survivor.  Besides photography, she has become a wonderful painter.  
I remarked how much I loved it.  "Come to my group" she said .... you'll have fun!  But I've never painted before in my life, except maybe the bedroom walls.  I was curious and since I didn't have to worry about ice cream or sewing any more one inch pieces of fabric together, I went.  I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.








6 comments:

  1. Wonder if that Ice Cream would melt if you shipped it to Ontario. Glad you have one less headache to worry about.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the group.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm yeah I think it would. It is surprising to find out that very good ice cream (5 qt container) is only $5.99.

      Delete
  2. Yay on the ice cream! Nothing worse than an ice cream headache!
    Nice table runner or wall hanging. You did awesome!
    Can't wait to see your painting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "IF" you want that quilt go look more "Cowboy", just fire 9 bullets, one into each 'dot', and hang it up on the wall...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... that's too funny! You are right though, I think that would make it work perfectly!!!!

      Delete