Thursday, November 7, 2019

It Was An Epic Day!!!

I think I just may be over the hump.  Yesterday was of course, HUMP day!!  First off, I completely forgot to put the garbage out.  I sure hope my head clears in the next few days so I can get back to normality, such as it is.

I've been working on my shopping list for days.  Down to the very last chicken enchilada, which honestly I wanted to throw in the trash, I put on my Adult face (versus the sucky I'm sick face), and headed off to the grocery store.

Isn't it pretty?  Nothing on this shelf ended up in my basket.  It's hard to stay on track when you're still coughing, but acting like you are not sick.  I was mesmerized by the huge stackings of pumpkin pie cans surrounded by marshmallows and bright shiny aluminum pans.  You would think it was Thanksgiving or something.
The $5 seven pound chicken wasn't on my list, and I'm not sure I'm up to cooking it, but it landed in my basket.  I immediately suppressed the thoughts of enchiladas.  I walked down the chip aisle, but picked up nothing.  How I accomplished that, I've no idea.
$152.00 later ..... how the heck did THAT happen??? ..... I was out the door with my THREE bags full.  Possibly it was the chicken thighs and enough paper plates to last through Christmas.  My brain is still pretty foggy.  I'm not sure, but I think there were two boxes of ice cream in there too.
In an effort to make everyone feel wonderful today, I stopped on the way home for fuel.  No, this isn't the diesel price.  This is the cheapest regular gas I could find in my little corner of lovely California.  
Once home, after having put all the groceries away, I got a little antsy.  Maybe I could clean just ONE room so I didn't feel like such a bump on a log.  I decided to make it a small one.  Who knew so much lint and dust could collect on the little ledges in the bathroom?  I swear, there was enough to knit a sweater!!!  Okay then ..... enough of THAT!!

At long last after three predictable Christmas movies, 5:30 rolled around (6:30 real time) and it was so dark I couldn't see a thing.  I had to go out ONE more time.  Paychecks were in at the Pumpkin Patch.  Hallelujah!!!  It was almost worth the being sick part!!!

An EPIC day!!  I've got new food to cook, ice cream to eat, gas in the Jeep, money in the bank and a clean bathroom.  What could be better???

No lean cuisines were hurt, purchased or devoured on this day.  That's REALLY epic!!








8 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the road to recovery.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first moved to Seattle, I would go to the store and buy 7 Lean Cuisines. That was it for the week. Breakfast and Lunch were available at work, so no cooking was required. Glad you are feeling better, being sick is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Allison ... that's it exactly!!!! And wasn't it easier?

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have turned the corner. Remember when our moms would go shopping, come home with 8-10 bags of groceries and complain about it costing $10-$15??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do remember. It's just amazing how the cost of food has escalated of late.

      Delete