Sunday, November 3, 2019

A Gem To Brighten My Day!!!

At this point, the bug is winning.  Just when I think I'm over the hump, another bad night of coughing ensues.  It was a full 24 hours of constant coughing when I realized maybe, just MAYBE, it was the prednisone causing all my brains to drain into my throat.  I quit taking it.  A temporary score of Me - 1, the BUG - 0.
I spent an entire ten glorious hours breathing, NOT coughing and actually being able to sleep two hours.  The euphoria didn't last.  In no time, my head felt like it was going to explode.  I took half a pill, resulting in an instant dam breakage and another ten hours of coughing all night long.  
I finally gave up and arose at 3:30.  More coughing ensued for the next hour until I could actually take a breath without feeling like I would pass out.  Sadly, I'm not exaggerating one bit.  

Add to that the gem to brighten my day yesterday.  After doing a load of wash, I discovered this in my back yard.  That tiny little overflow drain is draining constantly.  It took me almost two hours to clear my head long enough to try and figure out what the heck!!!!

I have on-demand hot water.  There are two units that sit in the attic fulfilling my every need.  It appears to my muddled brain that there is a shutoff valve that is stuck open, allowing water to head down the overflow drain to the outside.  It's been draining for about 20 hours now.  It has not passed me by that this resembles my nose.

I called a plumber who said maybe Wednesday.  I'm calling another and another until someone can show up to fix it.  Just for giggles, maybe he can fix my nose too, because seriously, all I want to do is lay on the couch and NOT feel like I'm going to die.  
Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I'm also tired of home ownership.  Maybe it's just because I'm sick and tired.  I'm also grumpy, but I'm sure you picked up on that already.  SO .....
I'm signing off in the hopes I am able to find a Sunday Plumber.  At least I have food.  I cooked two frozen chicken breasts yesterday in my instant pot.  Unfortunately I fell asleep on the couch.  You've got to love Instant Pots.  It went into natural pressure release mode for 259 minutes before I noticed it.  It's a record ... and it was surprisingly not terribly overdone.  At least I won't starve.








6 comments:

  1. Unless you have something different I've never seen an on-demand water heater have an overflow valve they're usually cold in and hot out
    I'm thinking What you probably have is a drip tray underneath both units because the units are inside the house
    That drip tray is designed to pick up any leaks from the unit instead of running down the wall or the ceiling The same as air conditioning unit in the attic have a large drip tray for the condensation
    If you remember when you had the well head blew off
    you had a lot of corrosion from hard water
    You might want to check and see how old those units are
    The tubing that used in on-demand water heater's are copper they're not very happy about hard water and acid
    That's not something you want to look forward too but hope you feel better
    The medicine that you're looking for earlier would you be able to find that in Almagordo Mexico they got great low-cost over the counter drugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ding ding ding!! You get the prize Ed. You are right about the drip pans.

      Delete
  2. At some point you may need a medical intervention. In 2016 I started out with the flu and ended up with pneumonia. There were nights I was afraid I'd break a rib. I'm sorry you are so sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Allison. I did go to a doctor, but nothing seems to be working yet.

      Delete