Sunday, September 8, 2019

A Moment To Catch Up

Guess who came to dinner?  Too bad he isn't wearing a cowboy hat!!  I looked out last week to find this beautiful boy grazing in the back yard cactus.  Honestly, I don't see much there for them to eat, but he found something pretty tasty amid these bushes.
I'm pretty sure he's one of the original four that came by some time ago.  Boy has his rack grown!!
One last lingering look and he was gone.
With so many hummers flying around fighting over one big feeder, I went and bought another one.  These guys seems to be VERY territorial, although they let some drink their fill.  I think I'm up to about sixteen hitting the syrup every morning when it's cool.  They sure are fun to watch and they actually ENJOY my cooking!!  I have to admit, it only requires boiling water.
Rarely do I walk out the front door, and there's a good reason for that.  This guy has been a busy beaver, spinning a web that's almost five feet across.  The top line holding it is close to six feet from agave to agave.  I have no intention of meeting up with him, cowboy hat or not!!
Rarely do I shoot in black and white, but the cactus around here is so amazing, sometimes you have to try it.  This is an artichoke cactus ... one I would LOVE to have in my back yard.  Sooner than later I hope.
This is a "for your information" notice.  This ice cream that I've been touting as the best diet stuff around, tricked me last week.  Not hard to do since I'm all about ice cream.  It's in a brown container, just like the chocolate I was after.  I picked up not one, but TWO.  

Later that night, I grabbed one for dessert.  Wasn't I surprised when I read TRIPLE SHOT Espresso.  That's okay, I LOVE coffee ice cream.  I ate one quarter of the container at about 7:00.  I was still wide awake and pacing the bedroom floor at midnight.  I took an Advil PM to counteract the caffeine.  It didn't help, not one tiny bit.  If you're trying to stay awake to drive or read a book or whatever, just eat a quarter cup of this stuff!!!  I'm thinking if I have it for breakfast, it's effects will wear off by bedtime.
Tomorrow I'll get back to Dragoon and my trip to find the last vestiges of the Butterfield Stagecoach route.





14 comments:

  1. I don't like spider webs but that one is pretty cool. And ice cream for breakfast sounds delicious. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have yet to try this Ice Cream...will try and find some, but not the Triple Espresso. We DID find some sugar free Moose Munch from Harry and David, oh that stuff was GOOD, just finished it night before last, small servings about 2-3 carbs each. Sure tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta try the Chocolate Peanut Butter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one yet ... I'll certainly look for it.

      Delete
  4. You company this morning sure has grown. n o cowboy hat on that Rack . Now triple shot expresso sure sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the Confederate graves by the stage stop there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we are younger Caffeine seldom kept us awake but not today.
    My travel mug Coffee during the week and Decaffeinated on the Weekends.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your breakfast.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it ever bothered me either, although I don't remember triple espresso ice cream.

      Delete
  7. That ice cream sounds interesting and Dave's Moose Munch too. Wonder where it is available in the sw. We love Tillamook in the south but of course that is high sugar and calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safeway has that ice cream ... possibly Frys also. It's pretty good as diet ice cream goes.

      Delete