Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Chirp ... Chirp ... Chirp

I know you are all familiar with THAT sound.  I got home from the Boys and Girls Club just in time to hear the familiar chirping every 30 seconds.  Figuring out which one of six is making the noise, is another story.  You stand underneath one and wait ...... chirp .... nope.  Move to the next one and wait .... chirp .... nope.  Finally CHIRP!!  There you are!!

Unfortunately it required my tallest ladder that was in the garage.  I planned to wait, but Cooper was going crazy.  Jessie, who usually hides under the nearest chair, couldn't hear it at all since her hearing went almost in one day.

Have you ever tried to teach your dog hand signals?  After a week of wildly waving my arms, she now comes when she sees me pretending to be a windmill from Indio.  At any rate, I got the battery changed and it's quiet now.

Speaking of the garage, friend Cyndae said even if it takes two years, I should start clearing out the house so if and when I move, it will be much easier.  GREAT idea.  I started by cleaning out this bay.
Everything that can go in the trash or is free, I stacked outside.  Then I set up two tables that will hold most of the sale stuff.  In less than two hours, the tables were full.  I have a LONG way to go.  The good news is that the garage is getting cleaned up!!
As far as the Keto diet is concerned, I feel like chirping myself.  I'm eating like a bird.  At first, I was thinking "how can you eat all this fatty goodness and lose weight?"  It dawned on me I was probably eating WAY too much food.  

I've always been the meat and vegetable girl, so when I saw the recipe for chicken parmesan, I jumped right in.  I actually did cut one chicken breast into four pieces, then pounded it out so it looked bigger than it really was.  

Using almond flour for the breading did give it a different taste, but nothing I couldn't swallow.  Looks nice, yeah??
So this was dinner.  Cauliflower casserole and chicken.  By the way, that is a very small six inch paper plate.  Amazingly, I wasn't hungry at all after cleaning up every minuscule piece and almost licking the plate.  Moderation George said!!!
My problem is the sweets AFTER dinner.  I finally got the ingredients together to make Fat Bombs.  Yup ... that's what they call these morsels of bitter, bitter chocolate.  Macadamia nuts in a muffin tin, covered with Lilys dark chocolate chips, melted with a tablespoon of coconut oil.  That didn't sound the least bit appetizing to me, but I made them anyway.  How is this supposed to help my sweet tooth?

Sprinkling the top with coarse salt did help a little.  The chocolate is so bitter with no sugar, that the salt actually tasted sweet.  But not sweet enough.  I made a second batch, adding in Stevia.  Honestly, I could hardly tell the difference.  Next time I need to add half the bottle.
I still have my doubts this is going to work, but I'll keep trying.  It definitely will be difficult while at the next three RV rallies.  Which reminds me, I need to get back to packing!!




8 comments:

  1. I did not use the Keto, but did cut back on portions and usually 4 oz of meat and our large salad really fills us up. No bread, carbs etc..My walking every day 3 to 5 miles lotsa water worked for me count calories, aim is 1,200 a day and some days go over. Maybe one small cookie a day, only because Suzie likes them. Lost 50 lbs. Just a new eating habit works for us. Keep with it and am sure it will work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men can lose weight just by thinking about it. No so for us older ladies. Besides, it gives us something to complain about! lol

      Delete
  2. Definitely moderation is the key to loosing weight. The problem is when you eat out, attend Pot Lucks or go to Buffets portions are hard to control.
    Adding exercise also helps to burn off the extra fat we started storing.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it Rick ... my 5 portions of ice cream every day are TOTALLY small! It's hard to rein that in, not to mention cutting it out completely. At least I'm trying!!

      Delete
  3. I have been using the lose it app. It lets you set goals and see the calories you can have per meal including snacks. I have lost 30 lbs using it.
    JWM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh that sounds like something that might help, especially if it gives you the calories. I'll try it!!

      Delete
  4. I use the FitDay app. It not only counts the calories it tells you the percentage of fat/carb/protein/alcohol. I'm not keeping my protein quite low enough but the weight is coming off so I'll settle for that.
    One advantage I have is my craving is for salt, not sweet, so I can eat a tablespoon of salted butter rather than mess with fat bombs. I was not impressed with my one attempt at making fat bombs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda ... I'll look up that app too. Trouble is, I'm not that good at entering all the info and keeping up. I'll check it out though. Yeah, those fat bombs aren't all they are cracked up to be, but they have been keeping me away from the ice cream!!

      Delete