Saturday, April 6, 2019

Like A Chicken

I slept in almost an hour this morning.  It's about time I caught up on snoozing.  I've been running around like a chicken with .... well you probably know that old saying already.  I've not gotten back to washing and waxing the rig yet, so that's still on the list.

I wish I could sit around all day like the doves in the palm tree, but there's things to get done.  While I was gathering up paperwork to open a new bank account at Chase, mostly because Bank of America has now chosen to charge everyone (even us old folks) for banking services, low and behold my Credit Union came up with a phone App where I can make deposits by the airwaves.  It's about time!!  I'm still closing out B of A, but now I've got a few days in order to mark that one off the list.
Here's Miss Laila Chance riding Ely around the poles in the last gymkhana I attended.  I'm going to miss those girls!!
While doing a little more investigation into Mr. Bejarano, I found the Vail Preservation Society has lots of images in their database.  Here's one of Mr Bejarano and his son Francisco "Chico"  (riding on the back of a big pig) in front of their home, probably about the time he found the safe.  He worked in the 49 Mine until it closed down.  As with most men of the day, he did a little bit of everything to feed his family, which included five children.
I'll get back to that history later.  I made a quick run over to the quilter's house to drop off a couple more I had completed, to be greeted by these amazing blossoms.
I think this is the most fabulous tree ever.  A flowering cherry?  She came out and shook the branches, making it snow flower petals. 
Now I'm in a mad rush to hand stitch the binding on this quilt and get it mailed off.  In the meantime, the Relay for Life event is happening today.  Thank goodness there will be no pasta cooking.  This time the Elks are providing hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch, followed by barbecued chicken for dinner.  Luckily the Sheriff is Chef of the Day, meaning the food will be great.  All I have to do is set up and serve ... ALL DAY!!
And so I'm OFF again, as 10:00 comes mighty early around here.  Here's a nice Arizona sunset to help me relax before hitting the cook shack!!
I'm hoping by next Tuesday my chicken days will be over and I can relax even more.




9 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, great job. Surprised that B of A is charging fees. Gather the American banks are going the same as the Canadian ones where they charge fees. At least some of the Canadian ones don't charge Seniors and most have no fees if you maintain certain dollar balances. You wonder why they are charging you a fees when they have your money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thought exactly, Peter. It's $12.00 a month if I don't keep a minimum balance. Most banks HERE don't charge Seniors, but I guess B of A needs the money.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful quilt and beautiful tree. Interesting information in yesterday and today's post. Information about the whereabouts of the safe is certainly something to look for; glad I read the comment before I started googling...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I just love reading about individuals who lived back then. Life was pretty tough.

      Delete
  3. Loved the pic of the kid on the pig! Back in 1952, at age 12, I raised two Hampshire barrors for 4-H. At the Fayette County Fair in Connersville, Indiana, I was showing one in open class and it got away from me. Another guy popped the pig on the snout and it turned around and ran between my legs. Was always small for my age, so I got stuck on the back of that damn pig and rode it all the way around the show arena -- backwards! -- before I could fall off and get control of my pig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does one only see typos after it's published. LOL It was two Hampshire barrows. *sigh*

      Delete
    2. I never see those mistakes either until posted. It never fails!! That's a funny story!!! I always wondered why they showed pigs with little sticks and not some kind of harness. You probably got extra points for style!!

      Delete
  4. Nice that you are getting back into the swing of things again, busy, busy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for today when I'm collapsing on the couch!!!

      Delete