Wednesday, April 17, 2019

No New News

I wish I could say something wonderful about yesterday.  I did NOT go to the Magic Kingdom and infect anyone ... I suppose that's good news for them.  I stayed home and sneezed more than I have up to this point.

In desperation, I snuggled up with that pink blanket you saw yesterday.  THAT was a big mistake.  After sneezing about fifteen times in a row, I discovered I'm allergic to llama, or alpaca or whatever it's made of.  When I threw it across the room, the sneezing subsided by 50%

While contemplating my fate, I happened to look at my RV schedule and realized I would have an eight hour drive on the second day.  I frantically searched for a place to spend one more night in the middle of nowhere on the road to nowhere.  Remind me to buy some CD's so Alice does not accompany me.

I found the Baptist Church RV Park.  What better place to stay and pray for an end to that long drive. OH NO!!  That means the other reservation I made will require a change to one day earlier.  Lucky for me, they still had a spot on that day.  I was even able to make reservations for the return trip when they are usually packed to the gills.

More coughing ensued as this lovely malady has moved down to my chest.  This is day 6.  I'm truly hoping it leaves before I have to.

Then I got the call.  ANOTHER fraud detection notice.  I have to say I like Chase Bank's approach to "let's stop these buggers before they ring our clock!"  A total of five charges went through with a zero dollar amount.  What's up with that?  Most people would ignore it.  My bank called me immediately.

If I let those charges go, the next ones will be for high dollar amounts.  They are just testing the waters.  All this is from ordering that product and getting scammed.  We completely shut the card down and I ordered a new one.  Thank you Chase Bank for making it easy.

By late afternoon I wasn't really hungry, but figured I better eat something nutritious and leave the ice cream alone.  There's no use eating the good stuff when you can't taste a thing.

I whipped up half a chicken breast in balsamic sauce and added asparagus because it's good for you.  It was pretty good, at least as much as I could taste.
My goal this afternoon is to stay away from the satellite system repair guy so as not to pass this crud along, then take a long leisurely afternoon nap.  Oh ... and pay the bills, vacuum the house, wash some clothes and whatever else pops up.





4 comments:

  1. Ah ha allergies , nice that you found that out and now are sneezing less. Good thing you caught the credit card and new one was issued.
    Now the satellite guy should have you up and working yahoo !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how allergies pop up later in life. We wondered if our sneezy little mutt has them too in his older age.
    Hope you are soon better. Supper looks yummy, I need to buys some asparagus. :)
    Thank heavens for Chase Bank and satellite guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting thought ... about the puppies. I've no idea.

      Delete