Thursday, April 25, 2019

Maybe ..... Just Maybe ......

Well that was a rude awakening!!!  I worked on my to-do list yesterday, trying to get things taken care of before blasting off on another trip.  First on the list was to try on those 1800's outfits for the railroad celebration in Utah.  Maybe ... just maybe, I can still fit in them.

Purchased last November after losing ten pounds at the pumpkin patch, I had not tried them on since. I'm sure you know what happened.  That darn sweet tooth got me again.  There's just no way I can get into those dresses.  How disappointing!!  I guess it's back to the old diet grind.

I tried to drop off three more quilts for quilting, but my best gal was taking her grandson to the doctor.  Instead, I picked up my new prescription sunglasses.  YAY!!  I can see again!!

I needed to make a quick drop off at the zoo and see what else they needed, but they were closed.  No problem, I just slipped past the closed gate.  What a wonderful smell!!  Not the critter smell, but the hundreds of blooming flowers everywhere.  It's almost hard to see the critters through the foliage.

Meet Windfall.  She was captured in the Sierras and kept as a pet until she got too big to handle.  That's when she was dumped off at the zoo.  She has a huge stuffed teddy bear that she loves to snuggle up with.  I'll try to get a better picture of her.
This is Missy who was orphaned and starving.  She was eating trash when found.  Now she's a happy camper, especially when in her swimming pool in the summer.
All of the animals at the zoo are rescues, and they try to keep animals local to the general area.  I'll get more pictures later.

My last stop was for groceries ... just what I needed after trying on those dresses!!  Seems everyone is losing weight on the newest diet craze, Keto everything.  In short, that means no carbs and no sugar.  My sweet tooth cried.

I doubt this Keto stuff will become an every day thing, but Patty said she tried lasagne without the noodles and it was pretty good.  I think I can do that.  So I made up three small pans.  The problem is that I LOVE lasagne and the more cheese, the better.  Cheese equals fat, which will probably evolve into pounds.  
It really was mighty tasty.  I mean who doesn't like ooey gooey melted cheese??  It certainly did taste the part.  I threw in some broccoli for dinner, just to fill me up.
The last project of the day was to check the air in my motorhome tires.  First, I required a gauge.  One that actually worked.  I went through three before finding the fourth, which seemed to work well.  There's something about those valve stems that escapes me.  One wouldn't read at all, and one said only 70 pounds.  Funny ... they didn't LOOK flat!!

Finally I remembered the trucker gauge in the rig.  It worked like a charm.  Only two tires needed a tad bit more air.  That big air compressor I have always scares me though.  I envision it exploding! 

At any rate, with the last of the day's chores marked off, it was time for bed.  It was a very hot 93 degrees with today's forecast set at 96.  I've been keeping an eye on the weather in Nevada, as I'll be heading that direction soon.  Please Lord, just don't let there be snow.  The forecast is for rain with 33 degree temps.  My blood pressure is starting to rise!!!









12 comments:

  1. Hmm carbs and calories are nit good for loosing weight. Moderation is a trick that I learned many years ago and has worked for me pretty good.
    Nice to get those tire pressures right and hopefully no issues down the road. If those tires are 7 years old you many want to replace them, we do every 7 years just to be safe even though they still look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How time flies ... I think they are 3 year old tires. Unfortunately I'm not good at moderation when it comes to ice cream!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Like George said Moderation is the Key to loosing weight.
    Glad you are getting everything ready for your travels.
    We were in the 30's last night highs in the upper 50's.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your trip.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a little nippy at night, although I would probably take that over 96! LOL

      Delete
  3. True keto is a very low carb but very high fat way of eating. So you can have all that cheese if you NEVER have potatoes, pasta, bread, cake, cookies, etc. Keto is a full time thing, no such thing as sometimes eating keto. One advantage of eating the keto way is that it teaches your body to burn fat instead of carbs so, once your body adapts, weight just falls off. For me, that means 4 pounds in a week and a half--have not weighed since then but pants are getting harder to keep up where they belong. Going to need to buy smaller size soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Linda .... that's awesome! I would love for that to work for me, but I don't think I can live without cookies, and I LOVE bread. Maybe I'll try a little harder.

      Delete
  4. Agree with Linda Sand...we don't care about cheeses, we just don't do any white cars, no pots, no noodles, no rice, etc. Tonight we had a chicken mix (chicken, cream cheese, spices) over mashed cauliflower left over from the other night. It was YUMMY. Almost like Mashed potatoes and chicken gravey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that does sound good. I think if I had a chef it would be MUCH easier!!!

      Delete
  5. There are a lot of benefits to eating Keto and it does work. There is also a lot of misinformation out there. What I do know is when I do it right my blood sugar numbers are way better and I have lost weight. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of Keto is no sugar, which is my achilles heel!!

      Delete
  6. Yup yup yup to what everyone says. It is true. I need to get better at buying the right things to substitute for pasta and Bill has to get better at trying them. Keto works, eat all the cheese and high fat dairy you want. I'm not totally agreeing with the moderation thing (for us) as we don't eat a lot and still don't lose. Keto is the way to go. Good luck!
    Dave - your chicken recipe sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the moderation thing too, but it doesn't work well. I can eat 1000 calories a day and still not lose. If I could find a good substitute for ice cream and cookies, I think I would do better! LOL

      Delete