Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Found My First Snake!!

Guess what??  It's MAGIC KINGDOM time!!!  That means Kings, Knights of the Round Table, the Court Jester, Prince Charming and all those peasants come together in the dungeon.  What fun!
But first, I have to tell you about finding my first snake of the season!!  After talking to Miss Patty on the phone about the beautiful plant she gifted to me, I decided I should check to be sure it had water.  Sometimes I'm forgetful in that department.

The original of this plant is something like 36 years old.  Not sure where I got that number from, but it sounded good.  Since that time, she and Dan have raised hundreds of grandchildren from the original plant.  This one is exceedingly happy since it's already producing babies at the end of the stalk.
I reached in with my finger to check the soil and got the shock of my life!!  You've never seen me move so fast!!  Yup ... a baby rattler.  I know ..... I'm a dummy.  It's from my old cactus pot.  I thought it would be funny to have people look at the cactus and scare themselves just a little when they recognized the ceramic figure.  I just never expected to scare MYSELF!!  
So .... on with the day, which included getting more mail and a recall notice on my motorhome's Cummins engine.  I'll bring that up tomorrow.  

Off to the dungeon I trudged, ready to face the growling hoards.  Unfortunately we've lost about six people in the last few months.  It's sad I won't get to see them again, but I'm sure they are up in Heaven WINNING!!

The night started off with a note in the newsletter about what you DON'T get with your dues.  That is the right to stick your nose into the business of those running the lodge.  Yup, that's exactly what it said.  Well excuse me, but I rather think that's our JOB ... keeping track of what's going on and where the money is spent.  What a great way to start the evening.

We have two new callers, which always sets the crowd on edge.  Luckily, I'm just out of rotten-vegetable-throwing range.  When you have six winners for a $100 pot, it gets even better.

About half way through, they opened a new pull tab game.  It's usually simple.  You get a card with numbers on it, you get to play Bingo.  Cross off all the numbers and you win!  The new game called for the first winner to get part of the pot, then if someone else got the second number, they got an even bigger piece of the pie.  That didn't go over so well.  There was discontent among the masses.

In the end, the King boxed that game up and shipped it right back to the seller.  Never EVER change the games or the rules, or you will have a crowd coming at you with pitchforks and shovels!!

Lucky for me, in spite of the wind knocking out all our power and forcing a 20 minute wait while I tried to get the mini infernal machine working again, everything went swimmingly.  No one accused me of not giving them their red drawing ticket or their change.  I think that's a first!!

The night ended on a high note when one lady brought in 200 cupcakes, atop of which were bunny butts.  Yeah, that's what I thought.  What????  Sure enough, there were two back feet and a bunny butt sticking up in the air, which meant his head was stuck down in the cake.  

I passed on dessert.  That's a first, right?  I've had too many bad experiences from eating out of a stranger's kitchen.  Of course that means I've got cupcakes on the brain and may have to make some myself!!  It's that or homemade marshmallows!!  YUM!!



6 comments:

  1. Wow that rattler sure would make you jump, but you carried on and had fun un the dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so silly, but it DID make me jump back! Hahaha the joke was on me!

      Delete
  2. Kind of reminds me when you put the "Butler" out for Halloween and keep scaring yourself each time you come around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! Anything a little off from the norm ....... LOL

      Delete
  3. You made me shriek until I moved on. LOL.
    I guess it worked, scared you too!
    The bunny butt cupcakes sound cute. No picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get pictures, but she wouldn't stand still long enough to let me take one. She was passing them out as fast as she could. :-(

      Delete