Tuesday, April 2, 2019

It Could Only Get Better

I guess that old saying is true after all.  It can only get better ..... and it DID!

Cooper and I went for nice long walk among the orange trees, taking in the most wonderful sweet smell of orange blossoms.  I can't believe how heavily scented they were.  No wonder the bees were bountiful.
Of course they didn't help my already trashed windshield.  I didn't even bother to try and clean it.  I was too exhausted and hungry.  Next time I need to plan a little better for those 8 hour journeys.  

In spite of the full RV park, it was nice and quiet.  TOO quiet.  I really need television to keep me distracted from all the phone calls I have to make the next day.  My mind just wouldn't shut down.

I think I scared the guy next door.  I was already out with the puppies when he opened his door at 4:00 in the morning.  He grabbed a flashlight when he heard me talking and hit me straight in the eyes.  Good morning was greeted with a grunt.  We are not all early birds.

My timing was perfect on this day.  I filled up with propane, which took longer than expected.  Might as well savor a free donut while I wait.  Did I mention the Orange Grove RV Park has free donuts and coffee every morning?

It was after 9:00 when I left.  I not only missed all the morning work traffic on the freeway that will forever be under construction, but thankfully I missed the accident behind me that closed it down for a couple of hours.  Wouldn't THAT have made my day.

I cruised along at 60 mph, something I never do, with barely a slowdown or even a lane change.  In no time I was backing into my driveway.  I took a few loads out ... like ten or so ... before collapsing on the couch.  Thank GOODNESS I had TV!!!

I've got two things on tap this morning.  First, wash the windshield and get the bugs off the front before they become permanent residents.  They're not as bad as the kissing bugs in Florida, but they are definitely BAD.  Next, hitting the post office for my income tax info. 

Then I'll deal with the RV television and the fraud call.  Surprise!!  It's raining and is supposed to continue for the next four days.  So much for cleaning the white gunk off the top of the rig.  Even "I" won't climb up there when it's wet.

As for right this moment, I'm hitting the couch for some R & R snuggles with the puppies.






12 comments:

  1. Nice that you made it home safely, and can get the bugs off and taxes taken care of, good luck now with your tv repair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice to get things done, but its going to be a slow ride.

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it Safely despite the Setbacks and Bugs. The green scenery is beautiful though. It adds a contrast to the mountains and valleys.
    Good luck getting things straightened around.
    There's No Place Like Home. Which One?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how green the desert got? And the flowers along the way ... they were beautiful. I hope your travels are a little better than mine. Any secret to getting the bugs off?

      Delete
  3. Nancy, buy yourself a Kindle Fire ($50), where you can watch Amazon Prime (assuming your a prime member) Movies and TV shows for free. Yes, small screen...but when you need the noise and need to watch something, it is great and way better than trying to watch something on a phone. You can download movies and store on Kindle for those few times you have no Internet. They have lots of older Westerns...even some filmed in your old homestead area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm guessing you have to have interest access to download the movies? I have unlimited everything on my phone, but not on my internet.

      Delete
    2. Yes, but you can use RV parks, public libraries, McDonalds (although they are slow), your home connection before you leave. If you have one Kindle, I think you can get 8 or 9 on your device...Amazon puts a limit on how many 'free' ones you can get.

      Delete
    3. Ok then .... Kindle Fire it is!! That's very good to know!

      Delete
  4. Walking in the Orange Orchard sounds wonderful.
    I think knowing all the yellow splats were butterflies was the worse; neither of us remember it ever being as bad as this year.
    Glad to read you made it to you California home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently along with wonderful rain comes bugs and big splats. NOT fun, but the landscape is gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Glad you made it home to California safely. It was great to see you again this past winter and looking forward to our paths crossing again. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So next year can you give me a class in how to put that map on your blog? You and George both have it ... pretty cool.
      Your wax job on Black Beauty and your rig looks fabulous!!!!

      Delete