Friday, March 6, 2015

Up Early ..... Yawn!!

No, this isn't the stack of garbage outside my back door, the result of forgetting to put the bin out to the curb.  THIS is a stack of clothes I haven't worn in probably 4 years.  They say if you haven't put it on in TWO years, it's time to get rid of it.  Since I'm always on a cleaning mission when I'm home, I decided the closets would be this week's target.  The good news is that I always get a receipt so it can be deducted from my taxes!!
I was up extra early this morning ... 5 am!!  For a retired person, that's like 0-Dark-Thirty!!  Finally, after four days of waiting, the clean-up contractor returned my call.  I'm hoping his bid isn't too high, since there's no one else around here to do the job!!  There is a huge eucalyptus grove of trees at the ranch that rains down tons of debris, including limbs big and small.  They call these trees widow-makers ... in the summer when it's hot, all the sap goes to the top of the tree to keep it cool and alive.  That makes them so top heavy, they will lose big limbs and even the entire tree when you least expect it!!  If we're going to get this place sold, we need to do a major cleanup job!!

Then it's (shhhh .. don't say it out loud) VET day for the puppies.  They both need Parvo shots, kennel cough meds and heart worm tests, not to mention the heart worm medicine.  Yoweeee this is going to be an expensive trip!!  It is of course their least favorite place in the world to go!!

I think a nap will be in order when we get home, since tonight is a major charity event that the Elks participates in every year.  It's called LOVE INC, Love In The Name Of Christ.  They are probably the biggest association of churches in this area, all working to help those in need with blankets, beds, food, even education so they can find employment.  One of the first things they teach is creating a budget and how to handle a bank account so they don't get themselves into this fix again.  It's amazing how many people don't even know what a budget is!!!  At any rate, it's a good cause that I like to participate in.  The church ladies make cakes and goodies for the dessert auction and many great items are donated to the silent auction ... like two weeks at a condo in Monterey, tri-tip dinners cooked at your house for 50 people ... on top of which, it's a fun time!!

I'm off to meet the contractor ... ugh ... at 7:00 when I'm usually enjoying my coffee and snuggling with the puppies!!  Tomorrow I'll have to give Cooper and Jessie EXTRA snuggle time!!

2 comments:

  1. I keep a bag in the closet if I don't like the way something fits or looks it goes in the bag for donation if I don't like it today I won't like it next time works for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SOOO true ... and a very good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete