Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Put Your Sunglasses On!!!

It's going to be another gorgeous sunny day in California, in spite of how much we all want it to rain. I watched this sunrise on my front porch this morning.  With all the palm trees, it makes me think I'm in Hawaii!!  I can always tell when it's picture time ... the colors come through my white plantation shutters, giving the walls a nice pink glow!!  That's when I grab my camera and head outside to watch the show!!
Put on your sunglasses to look at this image!!  Like an eclipse, this will blind you if you look at it too long!!  I finally installed my "quilt design" wall.  One package of batting, a hammer and some nails and voila!!!  I'm sure there's chemistry behind it ... all I know is that when you place the quilt squares on the batting, they stick!!  Then you can stand back and decide how you want them to look before stitching them together.  Yes, there are special devices to hold the batting on the wall, but for an old cowgirl, a hammer and nails always work!!
I had to take a couple hours off and actually do some work for a change.  I do accounting for a local Realty Broker, who just switched to a newer software version.  I thought it would take no time at all to set it up and update the first three months records.  NOT!!!  It took 30 minutes just for the newer version to decide it LIKED the old records enough to upload them ... on EACH account, of which there are many!!!  I really earned my pay yesterday!!

Another day of NutriSystem is down the hatch.  Honestly, I don't think I can last a month on this awful tummy-grumbling junk they call food.  How can they advertise on TV about how "Good it Tastes"??  I'm seriously thinking I might throw the dinners away and substitute something a little more nutritious and less chemically treated.  Yesterday I ate a piece of chicken breast that had not been refrigerated or frozen for who knows how long.  THAT's scary!!!  I can deal with "add water and microwave", but those other gooey gluey concoctions are pretty hard to stomach!!

In the afternoon, I sewed the orange quilt together and started placing these small squares on the wall.  Once I'm through messing with them, these will be sewn together, as another one bites the dust!!  You can tell I'm pretty bored by the number of quilts I'm putting out!!! 
I now have a huge stack of "stuff" to go back in the rig, as I get ready for a short trip next weekend.   It's time to reorganize the belly of the beast, redistribute the canned goods and reorganize the big kitchen cabinets.  They are so tall, I really need to figure out a way to add a shelf mid level, which will double my storage space.  Maybe another trip to Home Depot will spark my thinking cap to come up with an idea.  In the meantime,  I'll be spending another exciting, fun-filled, take-your-life-in-your-hands time at Elks Bingo tonight.  

6 comments:

  1. Just read a tip.use wire she'lfs, turned upside down ,install with a tube screw, tube goes over metal easy to screw In. If that does not make sense I'll find the tip and forward to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to see that tip. Not sure what a tube screw is ... do you screw it to the top or the back??

      Delete
  2. It may have been a beautiful morning where you are, but up in Sonoma county it foggy are overcast.
    I just finished the book you mentioned in one of you blogs, Martha Summerhayes Vanished Arizona. I think its great book paints a real picture of the frontier life. Thank you I enjoy most books on history.
    If you enjoyed Vanished Arizona you may like Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides, it about Kit Carson the land hungry President James K. Polk and the settling of Arizona and New Mexico.
    Jim M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the book Jim. I thought it a pretty interesting first hand account of life in the desert in the late 1800's. I'll definitely check on Blood and Thunder! Sorry for the fog, but it would be a nice change from sunny!! LOL

      Delete
  3. You nailed it Girl!
    Thought for your yucky food. Since you said you are not going to reorder and you are an accountant and do not want to waste money. Rotate their food into your diet on a two or three day basis. You will use it all over a longer period of time and you won't waste anything. If the premise is on portion control, that will work. If the premise of the diet is you won't eat the food because it is so bad, that would be counter productive to the diet working. My experience with those successful in the diet world was learning portion control is what helped them. The overpriced, yucky food did not result in them being successful. Good luck on your success in this arena. Hope you survive Bingo. Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly think you are right about the portion control. My two cups of breakfast cereal is considerably bigger than their 6 ounces!! Good idea to work it in maybe three days a week. I think I could stomach that and it would last SO much longer. GREAT idea!!!

      Delete