Saturday, March 7, 2015

Finally ... Something To Hold On To!!

No, it's not a MAN (big sigh) ...  It's drawer pulls!!    A year ago while in Quartzsite, I had some work done on my rig.  There was absolutely no use for TWO couches, even though both could be made into beds.  One was barely big enough for an 8-year old, so I had it removed and replaced with cabinets.  Davis Cabinets out of Oregon did an amazing job, matching even the countertops perfectly.  The problem however, was they did not have the hardware in stock.  I've been using these lovely wire pulls for hardware ever since!!  Terribly upscale, don't you think??
Somewhere along the line the ball got dropped, even though I called several times.  By the time they said the drawer pulls were available, I was leaving again on an extended trip, so I asked they hold off on shipment since I was sure they wouldn't stay on my front porch for long.  That was a mistake on my part, because I never heard from anyone again.  THIS year while in Quartzsite I accosted them in the Big Tent and got immediate action ... but no drawer pulls, since by now they were again out of stock.  Finally a small box was delivered yesterday, and my drawer pulls are here!!!  Aren't they pretty???
I was so excited to get them installed, I grabbed a screwdriver and made a beeline for the rig.  The wind went out of my sails pretty quickly when I discovered all the included screws were a half inch too short!!  The only ONE I could install was this lonely door pull.  Today I'll run to Home Depot and find some longer screws!!
I also received EIGHT cans of my coffee in the mail!!!  It's a good thing, because I was almost out, and after last night's Next Door Neighbor Party, I need a couple cups.  Their garage faces my bedroom like a bullhorn, amplifying every conversation above the loud music.  I've no idea what was going on ... I thought it was beer pong, but the same guy kept throwing the ball over and over.  How do I know that??  Because I was up at midnight trying to decide whether to call the cops!!  
Trying to be a nice neighbor, I slept on the couch ... sort of.  It's not easy with two dogs growling at each other because of the lack of space.  At least with a quilt over my head it was a little quieter.  When the tire screeching began outside my front door, I jumped up with a vengeance!!  I have to give the neighbor kid credit ... he immediately ran out and told them to knock it off, in no uncertain terms!!  The problem is, I think all the ADULTS were gone ...  evidenced by the number of beer cups spread all over the neighborhood this morning!!  I'm trying to be a good neighbor, but think I'll have a talk with DAD!!  This seems to be happening on a regular weekend basis and it's interesting to note they are NOT allowed inside the house ... only the garage.

The puppy Doctor visit went good yesterday ... although stressed to the limit, both got glowing reports from my favorite Doc.  He says I'm doing something right, since again they both weigh less than a pound different from last year!!  With all their shots up to date, we're good to go for another year!!  Too bad I can't find a doctor for me as good as my Vet!!

I'm off to Home Depot ... soon as I have another cup of coffee!!


4 comments:

  1. Give next door neighbor "dad" a few articles about the liability of allowing such activity...such as "if" one of the kids killed someone on the way home (including, but not limited to himself), furnishing alcohol to minors, etc. I think "dad" will put a stop to it real quick knowing his ownership of his house is at stake. :) Your cabinet handles look great, not sure if they were worth the wait, but now the wait is over. -- Dave (GoingRvWay.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking DAD doesn't know about this, Dave. The kids even swept up the street early yesterday to remove all the evidence!! If he does, he's an idiot!!

      Delete
  2. If you say "woof, woof" to the vet next time, do you think he might become your doctor? Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind that at all Jim ... he's a pretty good doctor!! LOL

      Delete