Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Magic Castle

Yay ... yahoo .... OH BOY!  Another night of Bingo in the Magic Castle ... but first, let's be entertained by my kid. 


I literally just got out of bed when the barking began.  It's time for Doggy Yoga!  I retrieved the ball twice from under my armoire before capturing this action.  He does this every time there are shoes around.  It doesn't matter if they are sandals, high heels or boots.  It's amazing how he can roll that ball right into a boot laying on the floor four feet away.


Why is it laying on the floor?  Because that's where I took it off.  This is my mantra and I'm sticking to it.


The rest of the morning was spent outside, first working on the rig, and then spending time with the neighbors. They were in the midst of making their house beautiful.  I admit it doesn't look like much here, but it's amazing.  I'll try to get better pictures today.  That brought on a frenzy of decorating in our neighborhood.  Since I don't have a 30' ladder or a lift, I don't participate.  Just a wreath and a few lights around the door.


Before I knew it, it was time to fly off to the Magic Castle.  A trustees work is never done.  I spent the first 90 minutes discussing business while trying to sign checks.  I always have so many questions and they have so few answers.  That became a distraction all day and night long as I investigated suspects and grilled witnesses.  In the end, I got nowhere, other than volunteering to check wristbands at a big Fire Department Bash this weekend.  How did THAT happen??

Bingo started out with the normal you-didn't-yell-loud-enough incident, followed by you don't have the right numbers.  You see, as the numbers are pulled from the machine, they are placed on a camera that shows them on TV screens around the room.  That number isn't actually CALLED until the NEXT number has been pulled.  People think they can yell Bingo, but they have to wait until that number is actually spoken by the caller.  It's complicated.  The King came to the rescue.  

It causes lots of problems when people yell before they are supposed to.  The crowd erupts in horror because that would mean they did NOT win.  You just have to be there to experience the excitement.

The only redeeming factor is the wonderful people who volunteer to subject themselves to this mayhem EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT!!  

AND the lovely acid inducing chili cheese dog (without bun) that causes extensive pain about 45 minutes after you eat it.  We are all gluttons for punishment.  No one ever said the Castle Chef(s) were trained.

Surprisingly, there were no lost red tickets, but there were lost bingo cards.  Or golly gee, I played the wrong card.  That's pretty hard to do since they are all different sizes and/or colors.  I was very accommodating on this night ... it was BEFORE I ate the chili dog.  

I'll be busy today, proofreading the by-laws while I continue to investigate the problems.  The good news is the bookkeeper and I can hang out and stick together while "suggesting" things be done our way.  Actually, we just draw a line in the sand.  Accounting rules at the Castle!!

The infernal machine tried to fool me on this night ... I was too distracted by other things rolling around in my head ... but I persevered and was able to come out $2.00 over.  Woohoo ... one more Bingo night in the bag.  






10 comments:

  1. Cooper is so cute and smart too.
    Bingo is lucky to have you keep the money in order.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is they appreciate the help. There are 15-17 of us every Tuesday night!! Amazing that so many show up so consistently.

      Delete
  2. You survived another bingo night! That looks like a lot of work decorating that house. I really appreciate people who do though, so pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they do it because it lights up the whole neighborhood.

      Delete
  3. Wish Indy played with a ball...but only with neighbor Jack at Sandy and Arny's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that funny? I've never had a dog play like this one does.

      Delete
  4. Cooper is a cute little guy and pretty darn smart. Almost sounds like a quiet night at the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS a quiet night at the Castle. Hard to believe!

      Delete
  5. Love Coopers antics with his ball. He loves playing with his Mom.
    Bingo, well, is Bingo! 🤣

    ReplyDelete