Tuesday, November 7, 2023

A Long Do Nothing Day

 Dinner is served.  You almost didn't get to witness this spectacle.  Connecting to a hot spot is easier said than done.  I had to spend 15 minutes trying to get my computer to even SEE the hotspot, just so you could see Foxy NOT grab the gopher.

How disappointing!  My camera is set up to take only 20 seconds of video before delaying the next one for another 20 seconds.  We missed the whole exciting exchange.  Sadly, this is not Nat Geo or Disney Presents.  Oh well ... better luck next time.  

I am however happy to say that in the next video, the PREY had disappeared.  Yay for dinner!!


I couldn't figure out what the noise was I kept hearing, so I wandered around the house for a few minutes.  Oh wait .... it's raining!!  Not a lot, but just enough to hear weird noises.  That was the start of a dreary overcast do-nothing day.  


Oh there's stuff to do, just not much motivation to do it, as evidenced by Cooper on the couch.  I did finally get up enough gumption to move more stuff out of the house into the garage.  There was a big glass  top for the old coffee table and several framed images I took that I thought were SO great at the time, but now realize they were not the least big sharp, as in pretty blurry.  I laughed.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one in that photography class with images I would now throw away.


For example, there's a lot to be said for depth of field, and you won't find it in this flag image.  The how's and why's of the settings don't click until years later.  

I'm very happy to say the Field of Honor is up at our local college.  Anyone who was or is a service member, can have a flag placed on the field.  I'm guessing there is maybe 5 acres of flags, a pretty amazing sight.


It is guarded 24-7 for about five days I think.  Most every flag has a picture of the service man or woman, along with their name and the dates of service.  It's pretty impressive to see, but sadly, many are for my school mates and friends who are no longer here.  In the meantime, we are all gearing up for the coming Veterans Day Celebration and parade.  


The rest of the day was spent tracing down lost packages, paying bills and checking my truck registration twice, just like Santa.  Three times actually, to be sure I've have everything in order for this mornings visit.  I do not want to go through all this again.  

The nice pink sunset bodes well for better times.  If nothing else, I guess I can turn back the pages to my ancestors way of life living off the land, and look up how to cook gophers to perfection.  After all, I do have an entire yard full.


I'm off to welcome the California Highway Patrol!!!





17 comments:

  1. Love the flag pictures! seems your do nothing day, was still busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flag pictures.
    I get very emotional every time I see the flag.
    I will definitely email you about your quilts.
    Good luck at the CHP!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... I can use all the luck I can get.

      Delete
  3. My sister just got a GREAT deal on a KIA Optima, only problem is they did not have a title. Goes to DMV with everything the website said they needed, just to be turned away because they did not have signed odometer reading deceleration, even though the Smog report had the odometer reading on it! So back she went today....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just so ridiculous. It makes you want to scream.

      Delete
  4. The picture of the pink sunset is awesome .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. We don't get those in California very often.

      Delete
  5. Interesting. I had the same weird noises the other day and discovered it was raining. At first, I thought it might be rats in the attic. Glad it was only the rain.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if it came down hard right off the bat, we would know exactly what it was! LOL

      Delete
  6. Five Acres of Flags wow that must be, as you said, an amazing sight . Cute picture of Cooper on the couch his definition of a do nothing day, which is evident in the picture, is closer to how I would describe the day. Yours differs slightly I think moving things into the garage disqualifies the day as a do nothing day, though I could be wrong...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Deb ... I'll remember that next time ... no moving stuff around on a do-nothing day!

      Delete
  7. It’s interesting how we all have differing ideas of do nothing. Lol Awesome pink in the sky. Amazing flag photo.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. My do nothing days include lots of somethings!

      Delete
  8. I could almost repeat exactly what Deb in the comment above mine says as i was thinking all this things. So, pretend it's mine too, ok? Except I will add how cute that little fluffy pooch is. He knows how to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my main squeeze ... just like Gibbs is. These kids of ours are precious!

      Delete
  9. Hi Nancy, did something happen to Bob from Bob's Eyes?

    ReplyDelete