Friday, January 1, 2021

HAPPY 2021 NEW YEAR!!

It's GOT to get better, right?  Here's to a happier New Year than 2020 was.  There's simply too much stress in the world right now, that hopefully dissipates soon.  Yeah, that's probably not going to happen, so we have to make our own happy I guess!!  

I didn't celebrate, although I did watch two minutes of Dick Clark's Rock'in New Years Eve.  The crazy costumes followed up with songs where you couldn't understand the lyrics, not to mention New York completely blocked off with tiny little sections for maybe four people, just didn't float my boat.  I fell asleep on the couch.


 Next thing I know, the puppies are crawling all over me.  We finally went to bed, but those four big trains, one of which actually shook the house, kept me up most of the night, followed shortly thereafter by twenty rockets set off by my neighbor.  Yes I counted.  At least SOMEONE is celebrating!!

I finished sewing the binding on this quilt, in between 20 trips to the fridge.  At least I got my exercise in for the day.

Then I got to work on 75 videos.  I kid you not!  Those bunnies are driving me crazy!!  I had a good video of them, but it got erased accidentally.  Maybe next time.  I do love this one though ... just watch that tail!!!


In other great news, after reading 20 pages of how you can electrocute yourself with this humidifier, or cause mold to grow which will kill you, I set it up.  It's a good thing I have distilled water for my quilting iron, because that's what you are supposed to use.  Who knew?  

I filled it up (it took an entire gallon) and turned it on.  Instantly two streams of mist began to exit into the air.  It's all adjustable, but I left it at a low setting so as not to use an entire gallon of water in two hours.  

I have to say ... it's working!!  So thank you to whoever suggested this as a solution to my shocking life.  One thing ... it says not to leave it running all day long, as you might humidify yourself too much.  Now I'm in the market for a hygrometer so I know what the levels are.

I'm happy I only got shocked once yesterday, and it was a zinger!!!  Today I'll try the fabric softener in a spray bottle just to keep my odds on the high side.


I hope everyone had a great New Year's eve, or at least got a lot of sleep.  I purchased one more present for myself that I have to pick up today.  Pictures and hopefully no smoke will come later.

In the meantime, I'll finish up the Costa Rica trip.  Luckily, Patty and I returned alive and kicking!!

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Nancy! I love the video too! 4 of them!
    I tried to stay up until midnight but my book and phone kept droppng out of my hand so gave it up at 11. I rolled over at 12:10, Bill was still reading so I got a 2021 kiss. :)
    All the best in this BRAND NEW world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happens when you can't go to any NYE celebrations? You are inundated, by your neighborhood, by fireworks from when the sun goes down, until 1+ am with a 30 minute barrage of BAMS from 11:55 until 12:30. WOW, it was so bad around here last night. Of course, you then have the one fool who lights off a dozen or so at 1:30 am, right when everyone is just about asleep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that just make you mad? OMG I would NOT be a happy camper.

      Delete
  3. Nice video of your visitors. The tail starts wagging when it's certain the family all arrived safely.
    We had different neighbours setting off fireworks from 8:00 into the wee hours.
    We use Distilled Water in our CPAP Machines. Here they get filled every week. When we're in the desert they need Water every other day.
    It will take time for things to get back to Normal. Even with the Vaccine the experts are saying it could be the end of the summer before we see an end to this pandemic.
    Wishing your the best for a Safe, Healthy, Happy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea your CPAP machines used water. Interesting!! This could get expensive. I'm wondering if you can use boiled and cooled water.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year Nancy. We are close to the train tracks and sometimes the motorhome shakes. According to my Facebook group posts our other home, West Sacramento, had a lot of noise but that happens year around. Our previous home, North Highlands, had a lot of excitement. Here in Wellton I only heard some gun shots....no fireworks. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate those gun shots. The bullets have to come down somewhere!!! I can only imagine how bad it was in California. My neighbors set off M-80's like once a week!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Hope you and Riley are doing well!!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year!! I fell asleep and missed it..oh well! Your quilt is beautiful, you are very talented! Love the video!

    ReplyDelete