Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Camping Out

It's almost relaxing as I sit listening to the trains rumble by in the darkness.  Yesterday one got stuck out back for over two hours.  That had to put a crimp in someone's schedule, since they roll by here many times a day.  I could camp out there and watch the world go by, at least until the puppies demanded dinner.


Earlier in the day I was treated to this magnificent scene.  There's just no way to show how spectacular this sunrise was.  Yup ... this is an Arizona SUNRISE.  


It got even better as the minutes ticked by.  This time I camped out in my garage with the door up until every vestige of color was gone.  I must be sick, because I NEVER do anything like that.  I'm too much a type A personality to sit around.  It definitely reminded me of why I love Arizona.

Yesterday, I spent the day packing, as I will today.  Since I cleaned out the RV, now I find I have to put a lot of that stuff back.  Things like coffee and puppy food cannot be forgotten.  There are now colorful yellow post-it notes on every counter and doorway.  Otherwise, I might forget something important, like Jonathan!!

As I grabbed the trail camera from its overnight home, I noticed the quail have been camping out at the water station.  They are really good at digging holes for their daily dust bath, followed quickly by bunnies who lounge in the same holes.  

Wasn't I happy (and surprised) to see the coyotes are back.  Well at least ONE of them is.  I haven't seen this one before, nor have I seen even a glimpse of the pack.  As you can see, he/she is very skittish, so most like hasn't been around this water station much.   


The next day, this guy showed up, not afraid at all.  They appear to be loners, unlike the pack that appeared a few days ago.  Also a big surprise, they came by at 6:00 pm.  That's a really good reminder to keep an eye out when I let the puppies go in the back yard.  Puppies are NEVER allowed to camp out.

I'll soon be off to Yuma where the first order of business will be to get an oil change.  That's no easy task in this monster I drive.  I usually meet my "guy" (too bad he isn't single) in Indio, but this year since there is no rally, I'm going to try and find him off the freeway and before I park for the week.

Of course the problem is, I don't have very good directions, which makes me MUCH more nervous than it should.  You know the old "I can't turn around here" problem.  I'm packing extra lunch in case I get lost.  I also hope to hook up with a few RV friends while there.  That's the best part of having an RV.  You meet the nicest people!!!


12 comments:

  1. You are right, meeting great people is truly one of the best parts of RV'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love sitting on your porch watching the trains. I'm not a Type A personality, I can sit with a book for a while. :) That sunrise is breathtaking for sure! Gosh, I miss them so thanks for sharing. I love your videos BUT where are my quails? :) Picture please, I love those little chatterers.
    Happy packing, meeting both new and familiar rv friends is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? Those little quail are few and far between. I think they all flew down to warmer weather further south!!

      Delete
  3. That first coyote was certainly skittish. Hope it settles down and comes more often. Beautiful sunrise. There are no clouds here so all I get is a bright light as the sun comes up over the mountains. Hope to see you while you're in the Yuma area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just nice to be around the critters. Hope to catch up with you.

      Delete
  4. I love the videos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can he give you gps coordinates that you can plug into your phone's gps? WHAT a sunrise...easy to put other problems and worries and 'other stuff' behind you when you can see God's glory manifested like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I doubt I can get gps coordinates, but hopefully I can get a couple of street names!! LOL

      Delete
  6. Glorious sunrise. It does make me wonder where I went wrong in life, though, seeing that your car gets a much better view from its 'bedroom' than I do from mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I day, my Jeep is very special and has a bedroom view of gorgeous sunrises! LOL. You make me laugh!!!

      Delete