Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Big Winds In Little Tucson

 I spent a nice long morning out on the patio yesterday, watching the sun rise.  Little did I know I was spending it with the coyotes too.  An entire pack, mostly females stopped by at 7:30.  As soon as I figure out how to make those files just a tad bit shorter, I'll post them.  

For some reason, even though the camera only shoots for 20 seconds, it thinks this file is larger than another 20 second file and will not load it.  It's going to be a big challenge to figure out how to make them smaller.

And then the winds came!!  Last night things were going bump in the night ... all night long.  We call it the Vail Gale ... and Gale is up and kicking!!!  Rain is predicted this week ... the desert needs it badly ... but I don't know if any will actually land here.

All that dry wind doesn't seem to help with the humidity problem.  See ... it's not just me.  Cooper has the same shocking problems I have!!  

And the same bad hair days due to all the electricity in the air.  

Here's a new find for you ... one that came in the mail yesterday.  When Cindy and Ray gave me that spaghetti squash, they had sprinkled something on it that was delicious with a capital D.  Although I could not find the HICKORY variety, THIS stuff is pretty amazing.  It gives everything a little smoky flavor.  I have to say it's not my favorite on scrambled eggs, but the chicken came out pretty tasty.


Then I was off to find a new valve for my plumbing.  Apparently I'm just too strong and broke the last one.  It doesn't want to turn off at all.  I'm pretty reluctant about this job since I could not find the exact same valve as what's there.  So what if the threads are the wrong size?  There I will be with my water turned off completely while I contemplate what to do next.  

And no, I haven't even THOUGHT about replacing that strap on the rig.  The honey-dos are adding up.


Since I couldn't get the coyotes to load, here's another beauty that stopped by around 2 am.   Boy is he ever a HUNK!!  I had no idea they wander around at night!!  If I was a doe, I'd be after him in a hot second!!

I just picked up the game camera, but rather imagine there will be 85 images of branches waving in the wind.  I doubt critters will be roaming around much.  As with my horses, the wind takes away all their regular scents, making them very skittish about what might be lurking around the corner!!  Even the bunnies don't come out when it's windy.



13 comments:

  1. If the one you are replacing had threads and is 5/8ths or 1/2 inch like the picture (can't see the size in the picture), then you should be good to go. Perhaps a call to Dan might be in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have already spoken to Dan! LOL. You KNOW I would never attempt this on my own!

      Delete
  2. Seems the winds were everywhere yesterday! Poor Cooper and his hair. Hoping he doesn't get shocked running around :( Love your game camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days that game camera is the only reason I get up! Other than feeding my puppies!

      Delete
    2. Some days the game camera is the only reason I get up!

      Delete
  3. Cooper and his hair....does he get shocked like people? No wind here yesterday. We got a gentle rain in the morning, then a cloudy day, then 11 pm a gentle rain, 2 am gentle rain....then I don't know what time it was but we got a down pour. Hope you get some rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does get shocked, but mostly when I touch him. Downpour? Awesome! We have only had gentle rains on and off. Nothing big yet!

      Delete
  4. With the curly hair you have it would be "shocking" to see it standing straight out. Beautiful buck. I have to get me one of those cameras. We had lots of rain last night but unfortunately for Tucson it came in from that direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to rain on and off most of the week. We sure need it!

      Delete
  5. I just thought I’d wish you a happy new Presidents’ Day I know how thrilled you are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ... I'm also thrilled with the people heading to the border because he promised to open the borders when he was in the debate. That's not very smart for a President.

      Delete
  6. Catching up, Glad to hear Jonathon is okay that must have been scary for sure. I know what I am about to say is almost sacrilegious but I have had tacos with cabbage as the shell and they are quite good. So I am hoping we get to try the ones you talked about...:) Interesting about animals and the wind. Really enjoy your trail cam videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabbage leaves ... hmmmm ... that just might work really well!!

      Delete