Monday, January 4, 2021

Dinner And A Six Pack

 Good Morning from sunny Arizona!!  Who knew it could be sunny and 39 degrees?  It's almost better to hope for a cloudy day since it's not quite as cold!!  No worries, there's still time to get out around 3:00 for yard work.


 A small group of four does came by for a little sip of water.  I was wondering what caused all the deep footprints on the slope at the end of my rig.  They climbed up the hill under the big tree and hid out for about 20 minutes before taking off again.


 I just love to see them stop by and say hello!


 As for the puppies, they are still in their assigned spots.  You can probably tell Cooper is as affected by the dry air as I am.  As much as I would love to pet him, it only ends in shocks for both of us.  Even worse if I try to brush him out.  We both are sporting bed hair.


 Most of the day I worked on taxes.  What a pain in the neck THAT is!!  Not near as bad however, as converting everything over to the new computer.  My procrastination has hit an all time high!!  Instead, I worked on this Christmas quilt.  Somehow it missed Christmas completely.

I do love my embroidery machine, but need more instruction.  This entire quilt is thanks to Cindy Warner of Ray and Cindy fame who are amazing quilters. She gave me the pattern and showed me how to set up the backing material, of which there are 25 varieties!!  Maybe by NEXT Christmas, I'll have a nice decoration for the house. 

PRE-Ninja, I made bread pudding.  It's one of my favorites you cannot find much any more.  Old stale bread is not readily available.  It's experimental this one.  I took a can of Lucky something or other (a brand I've never seen before) apple pie filling, spreading it between layers of the bread. 

 Wow ... it makes a much better french toast breakfast than a dessert.  Smothered in brown sugar vanilla sauce, I ate this entire big dish.  My stomach has not been the same since. I completely forgot that I cannot eat bread!!  Cemetery ..... here it comes!!!  So sad ..........
 

Of course you KNOW I would have the dessert first.   Then let's try out the Ninja for dinner.  I think this thing is about 15 inches square, perfect for your counter, but large enough to cook dinner for four.  I decided to give it a whirl on something other than reheating pizza. 


 Warm up time to 375 ... seven minutes on Air Fryer function.  When it said ADD FOOD, I dropped in frozen sweet potato fries and closed the lid.  Eight minutes later I dropped in the salmon, pushing the fries to the side.  Four minutes later it was done.  I cooked the broccoli in the microwave.  

Twelve minutes to come-and-get-it!  I probably should have seasoned the salmon more and grilled it instead of air frying, but this was seriously easy, fast and good.  I think I've found a winner.  As soon as the prices on beef drop, I'll grill a steak and see how that works out.  

Cleanup is a breeze.  It's all non-stick and so simple to wash.  They say you can even make a grilled cheese sandwich in it, but I think I'll leave that to my trusty frying pan.


 Here's another video for you to practice your counting skills.  I heard lots of howling at the moon before I went to bed, so I figured there were many coyotes out and about.  My usual four went by early before these guys showed up.  Yikes ... this is the biggest pack I've seen!!


 Makes you wonder where they spend their days!!  

Okay, I'll try to call Apple today and make an appointment.  It's deep in the heart and will be a 45 minute drive, but worth it if I can get the new computer up and running.  Wish me luck!!


19 comments:

  1. Where did you get the Nija and how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it at Bed Bath and Beyond in a year end sale for $155. They usually run about $200. Worth it I think.

      Delete
  2. Those Coyotes looked like they were in hunting mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were!! That's why I can't figure out why the bunnies are out at the same time!!

      Delete
  3. Instead of throwing out the food just send it to your neighbours.
    I agree with Dave that was a hunting pack. The four that passed on the water were probably the ones that had been there before.
    Be Safe and Enjoy fixing your Computer.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The four pack are regulars every night. This was the first time I've seen six!!

      Delete
  4. Nancy, I have the Cuisinart toaster/air fryer + oven. Several times I broiled a steak on 'broil' and comes out very good. I monitor so it is not well-done. I air fry shrimp and chicken wings....not a problem. A couple of weeks ago I did a bone-in pork chop for David and he enjoyed it....moist. Normally, in the past it was pan-fry 6 minutes on each side. I think air fry for the pork chop is a way to go. You need to experiment with the temperatures...sometimes too high OR too much time. Check the internet for air fry receipes....that is what I do. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Experiment is right! I've seen lots of posts about food being too dry. I'll keep working on it. They say it does a fabulous steak!

      Delete
  5. Ah, the joys of living in the Walled Garden of Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I did an update to my iPhone yesterday and it took a LONG time even with our fast internet. I'm still trying to get up the courage to do that same update to my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly think we have come to the point where the internet cannot keep up with the electronics.

      Delete
  7. Ray and Cindy fame! Who would have known? We will see you next week, yes we are finally going south. Quite a pack of coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I have known that fact for some time now!! LOL
      I'll see you there!!

      Delete
  8. Nice quilt! Very cool to see that many coyotes in one pack, I bet the bunnies were nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the bunnies can hear them coming. The coyotes miss them every time.

      Delete
  9. Cute deer. Those coyotes were certainly on the prowl. Wouldn't want to get in their way. Good luck with your computer. Wish mine would get fixed early. Pretty quilt for next Xmas 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were looking for blood!! I imagine that's how they flush out bunnies and birds!! Glad I was inside!!

      Delete