Saturday, January 16, 2021

Antville ... New Digs

I was up earlier than normal yesterday.  I wanted to take advantage of every single WARM minute I could.  It's been in the 80's and sunny, but a tad bit windy.  

I tried to be patient until the office opened.  I had no intention of sleeping with the ants another day.  No big deal, they didn't get any further than the floor, I just didn't want to deal with an infestation.

That big bump on my head with accompanying purple spots will disappear eventually.  While on the floor killing ants, I ran straight into the edge of my table.  OUCH!!

I finally called ... they offered to come spread some "stuff" down, which was very nice ... however, I have critters that don't need to be walking in ant bait.  Jenna is the BEST!  She said I could move to any spot I wanted.  That took all of ten minutes after knocking on the neighbor's door.  

That's one thing about RV people, they are always willing to help.  I know I can back up fairly well, I just never want to take a chance of running over or into something if there's someone to watch for me.  I'm now on the used-to-be empty side.  YAY!!!

Before heading out to revisit the fabric shops (Hi my name is Nancy and I'm addicted to fabric), I took Cooper for a walk on the wild side.  He never gets to go to dog parks, but they have a great one here.  Sadly there were no puppies for him to play with.


So we took off down this trail that goes around the entire park.  He LOVES this walk.  So many SMELLS!!  At one point he spotted a bird and was just fascinated by it. 

All along the trail are these gorgeous blooms.  We got all of a quarter mile and he was done.  He sat down and was having none of it.  I had to carry him all the way home.  We won't be doing THAT again!!


Instead of cooking this trip, I decided to eat out every day.  There's a Panda Express right down the street.  Would you like to try our firecracker chicken?  My brain said heck no, but my mouth said SURE!  I've no idea why since I really don't like HOT stuff that burns my mouth.

For those that DO, I'm sure this is mild, but to my shy taste buds, it burned like fire, thus the name I suppose.  It was filled with little chicken, lots of veggies and LOTS of those little red HOT peppers.  I'll be skipping that next time.


I did think my fortune was rather nice.  It made my burning mouth feel a little better.


AND I WAS OFF!!  Back to the fabric store I went with patterns in hand.  This line caught my eye.  For those that aren't familiar with quilting, fabric for a queen sized quilt probably runs (at least in my experience) about $200.00.  THIS bundle came to a tad over $60.  Now you know why I LOVE the Arizona Marketplace quilt store.  I may just have to go back one more time!!


In the meantime, I made THREE trips to Gramma Jos, the other quilt shop in town.  Luckily I found some fabric for Patty.  Yay!!

Here's my new location ... between the fire hydrant and the light pole.  I see even more ant hills, but at least not on MY site.  


I'm off this morning to visit friends in Wellton just over the hill.  I can't tell you how nice it is to have people to talk to here in Arizona versus California.  Even the neighbors you DON'T know, talk to you.  

On the way back, dinner will be a special treat.  I'll describe it tomorrow.


17 comments:

  1. You had to carry Cooper back....that's too funny. Glad you were able to move. I know where that Panda Express is. We've bought food there. Enjoy the drive to Wellton. I gave directions that put you on Old Hwy. 80 because there are some interesting homes and properties along the road. I hope there's no traffic so you can sightsee as you drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great drive Elva. Love all the old equipment. A new place I've never seen before. Thank you for your hospitality!!

      Delete
  2. That "Fortune Cookie" sure KNOWS what it is talking about (unlike certain type of folks...if you know what I mean) YES, that chicken is a bit spicy at Panda, when I use to eat there, I would eat the Mandarin Chicken, although I think they call it "Orange" chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ... love the orange chicken. The spicy is no bueno for me.

      Delete
  3. So glad you were able to move but it drives me crazy that parks don't put people further apart when there is lots of room. They did that a Yuma Lakes to us last winter and I wanted to go back up and say 'can we pick our own spot?' Bill wouldn't let me. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, part 2. Cooper is so cute, funny that he gets tired after a quarter of a mile. I'll carry him for ya! :)

      Delete
    2. I do rather like being farther apart. Mostly because my dogs will occasionally bark early in the morning. Don't want to wake anyone up. Maybe making Cooper walk further will help me too!!!

      Delete
  4. Nice that you are in the no people area. I don't understand why they don't put people more spread out and then fill in as needed in the first place. Haven't had Chinese in almost a year as our fave place is still closed for eat in. That said, even Panda Express is looking good! How fun you're going to visit Elva and Jerry! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Chinese food, but nothing in my area is open. Panda is the next best thing.

      Delete
  5. Always nice to park where there are no ants.
    You'll have to start taking Cooper for longer and longer walks. It will build both your endurances.
    Glad you found the materials you need for your quilts.
    I like the spicy chicken at Panda Express but not Kathy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always a question if there is lots of room why keep everyone close together in a park. Glad you got to move to an ant free area. Wow, that is quite the deal on material. I was thinking as I read about your walk, good thing Cooper is a small dog. Nice you got to visit with Elva and Jerry. Continued fun fabric shopping. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may turn off power in some sections, but I'm not sure how that saves them anything when no one is there. I'm in the perfect spot now!!

      Delete
  7. Glad you moved away from the ants. Hopefully you didn't take too many with you. Our Fergie is just like Cooper. Likes to be carried when had enough walking. Enjoy your visit with Elva and Jerry. Say hi for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still finding four or five ants a day, but at least not like before. Me thinks our puppies are ... dare I say it ... spoiled??

      Delete
  8. We rented a site for a summer one year and when we got there we found lots of any hills. We were told the ants don't come inside and that turned out to be true. Lucky us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow ... that's weird! I saw the ant hills, but nary an ant ... until they were all over my floor. Still finding a few here and there. First time ever ... and I've stayed in this park quite often.

      Delete