Friday, April 17, 2020

Just Hanging Out

After hearing all your snake stories, I'm more on alert than ever!!  I just don't really care for things that want to bite and sting you.  I know I've been in their territory for the last few days as I wandered the property looking for blooming cactus, but that has come to a screeching halt.

Since that won't be happening again any time soon, here's what I discovered.  Unless they bloom two feet from my fence, these are probably the last cactus images you will see!!  This one is actually over at the Chance residence.
These COULD be at the Chance house because they have the exact same thing, but believe it or not, these are out on my driveway, not far from the snake den.
It's been a happy cactus year so far!
I think these are my favorite!!
No I haven't taken to drink since the rattlesnake incident, but only because I have self control when it comes to this stuff!!  I'm not all that worried about getting the virus around here ... I don't think there have been any cases near me.  The thing is, all the hoarders have bought up every single type of sanitizer there is.  I even think the stores are keeping it for themselves, which is okay with me.  
So what's the next best bet for alcohol?  Why VODKA of course.  As Patty said, don't you remember in the old days when they gave you a big swig of whiskey, then poured some on your wound as they cut out the bullet?  

So I made up my own disinfectant wipes to use on shopping carts and my steering wheel.  Cut up paper towels soaked in vodka!!  Can't hurt, and if I see another snake, I'll just drink a few big swigs!!  So raise of hands.  How many of you have wiped down the steering wheel of your vehicle?  Oh my goodness .... it was so dirty I had to use FOUR wipes to get it clean.  The problem is if I get stopped for speeding, I may be in a little trouble when they smell my "disinfectant".
At any rate, I do love the fact that they do not allow personal shopping bags any more.  I never remember to take them in anyway.  THIS image is all Patty and Dan's fault!!  Dan said he bought some Tillamook and it was WONDERFUL!!  Somehow this worked it's way into my cart.
Once home with my groceries, I began to take a count of the number of bags the checkers used.  I realize most old folk can't lift much, but seriously, WHY oh WHY did you put literally ONE item in each bag?   I ended up with 25 .. count them .. 25 bags from one small shopping trip.  Now THAT'S wasteful!!  I added them to my stack and eventually I WILL use them up.
I've still got lots of images to post from the Fairbank mercantile building and San Xavier Mission, but right now, this sweet face wants some cuddle time, then I'll be beating the bushes in my back yard with a broom .... just to be sure no little creature snuck in last night.

Happily I saw they are relaxing the virus restrictions.  People really do need to get back to work so they can support their families.  We can still keep our distance from each other and you can always just stay home if you wish.  It's not over, but we are seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel.






14 comments:

  1. I heard a few states were going to "re-open", but require one to wear a face mask when away from home. Now, here is what I'd like an answer to...."How does one eat inside a restaurant wearing a mask all the time?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard the face mask thing. I doubt they can enforce that with no face masks available. Not having groups of people ... they can probably enforce that. Restaurants just have to move their tables further apart.

      Delete
  2. Yours and the Chances cactus flowers are beautiful! I wish they'd grow here, not that I can bring any home. LOL
    It isn't the vodka that peaked my interest but the bread box behind it. That is beautiful!
    speaking of beautiful, look at that adorable Cooper face. It's images like that which make me miss Clemson and want another pooch. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, as much as a pain Cooper can be at times, I sure do love his company!! The bread box is an oldie I've had for ages.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but your vodka would serve you better if you put it in a glass with an ice cube and Coca-Cola ? and gargle with it remember. don't swallow 😱
    You're 80 proof vodka is really only 40% alcohol even if you got Eversharp or 1 51 rum you're still only up to 60% alcohol if you have any rubbing alcohol use that. that's at least 65%
    In my view, no. You may see do-it-yourself formulas online, including some that use vodka. However, vodka is typically 80 proof, which means it's only 40 percent alcohol. That's not high enough to effectively kill microbes.
    And if you have alcohol rubbing alcohol in the bathroom while you're there just wash your hands for 20 seconds
    Stop and think of the virus as an aerosol can it's in the air it's going to get on your clothes you're going to touch your clothes you're going to touch yourself it's going to land on surfaces that people touch so if you're adamant about not getting it on your hands wear gloves An mask just dispose of them in the proper receptacle most of first responders take all their clothes off before they go in the house and put their clothes in the washing machine so if you think you're going to get it on your clothes wash them when you get home just remember if you're going to streak in your garage to the house make sure your garage door is closed. One never knows who's got their binoculars out🔭🙀
    🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️😡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had alcohol, I would use that. The hoarders have wiped the shelves clean and I have absolutely none!!! As for masks, I don't have any of those either. Hoarders again. Same goes for gloves ... NADA!!! Really, I'm not in the least bit worried. If I get it, I get it. It is not prevalent in my area either here or in California.

      Delete
  5. Caramel butter nut? Oh my, I bet that is super delicious. Love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I miss one day and you're fighting off rattlesnakes! I hope it has a back door and goes a long way from there. Glad to hear you handled the meeting so bravely :)) Take care and watch your step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my heart rate has finally receded to a respectable pace. Yes, there probably is a back door!!

      Delete
  7. Those cactus blooms are beautiful. I especially liked the same one you mentioned was your favorite. I can see how that sweet little face needing cuddles would put everything else on hold. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bread box! Fear of snakes keeps me close to my house too. The cactuses are beautiful. Cooper is just too cute. Hmm. now I want to wipe down a couple of steering wheels just to see how dirty they are, not something I ever think about. Enjoy the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete