Thursday, October 26, 2017

Why I Use Paper Plates

Not a bad day ... not bad at all.  I set up for my 90 seed planting kids, then helped shuttle over 300 into the Pumpkin Patch.  That's a drop in the bucket considering there was another 300 coming around 2:00.

The first 60 of 90 went well.  It was the last 30 kids who were being very cooperative, when three more classes came in and surrounded the critter corral, screaming at the top of their lungs.  Needless to say, that put a quick stop to the attention of my class.  Remember that whistle??  I blew it loud enough to wake the dead.  Suddenly the barn became VERY quiet and I went on with my class.  I'm beginning to like this whistle thing A LOT!!

Once done, I gave lunch breaks, driving the Time Travel Tractor around the well worn path.  Still feel really good, I filled some pay dirt bags for the Gem Mining attraction.  It's simple.  Dump out the gems on to a pile of sand, then grab a cup full of gems AND sand and dump it back in the bag ... four times did it.  For some reason, the "boys" would rather talk than fill bags.

Such a coincidence .... I had to leave at the 2:00 arrival time of the next big group, to await my plumber.
Excellent Plumbing is a local company, owned by a couple who do all the work themselves.  They came highly recommended when I put out a NEED HELP message on Facebook.  He climbed up to the 16 foot high ceiling before entering my attic.  "Turn the water on ..... turn the water off".  That was the conversation for the first hour.  He could find nothing wrong.  

It wasn't the breaker, I checked them all.  He went through the regime set up by the manufacturer, Takagi (an excellent brand he said) and nothing happened.  The green light was on and it SHOULD have worked, but it did not.  He took things apart, checked the filter, which was extremely clean for it's 10 years of use, and found nothing amiss.  

He will call the manufacturer for suggestions today.  Unfortunately, I won't be home long enough for a repair until November.  Another week of doing dishes in the bathroom sink.    That's why I REALLY like paper plates.  It probably costs me the same as if I used real dishes and the dishwasher.  You see, I'm allergic to doing dishes.  No really ... I'm allergic to the soap.

It was so nice when I was a kid, to have my hands break out and blister every time I got in soapy water because I was relieved of duty every time!!
I do NOT however, want this to go on for very long.  I need my dishwasher and some hot water for washing clothes.  

Today is another day with 500 kids hitting the Patch.  By now we are a well oiled machine when it comes to getting them in and out.  Okay, not really.  We just fake it most of the time, but so far no one has figured that out!!





6 comments:

  1. You are getting right into the work thing and feeling better.
    Good luck with that water heater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I am ... they seem to be a little short on the help!

      Delete
  2. WOW, sure hope it is something CHEEP! In the motorhome we use paper bowls, very little paper plates, find it is less messy (fewer spills) than plates, and easier to handle, and doesn't fill up the grey tank washing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same reaction to most hand lotions. The only one that doesn't give me blisters is Nivea Original. But, we tried lots of brands before we discovered the right one. Then my sister-in-law's allergist told her to use either Nivea or a prescription lotion. Maybe an allergist can tell you a soap that might work for you. Just until the dishwasher is fixed, of course. In the meantime, maybe you can use surgical gloves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use gloves Linda, but then I've have to wash dishes! Hahahahaha Hoping I get it fixed soon!!

      Delete