Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Let The Decorating BEGIN!!

The morning at the Pumpkin Patch, only three hours long, seemed like twelve.  It wasn't that I felt bad ... it had a lot to do with the 300 rowdy, unruly, mindless little creatures that roamed the Patch looking for blood.  Good grief parents ...... teach your kids how to act in public!!

I have to admit that many of the teachers have less control than the parents, which is zero!  Maybe the teachers are just afraid to make them mind when the parents are around.  I on the other hand, am NOT ... and I HAVE A WHISTLE!!!!

The best class I've had for seed planting had nine kids, all four years old.  They were quiet, respectful, did exactly what I requested and even asked questions.  They all got gold stars!!!  They also got to feed the goats, which none had ever done before, because they were so good.  There's nothing better than seeing their faces when soft goat muzzles cross their hands.
Once done, I grabbed a wagon and filled it with pumpkins for the porch.  They didn't go far ... I guess I have a big porch!!  Little by little, I'll add things until Halloween, when I'll pull out all the stops.  No use putting things out just so the local hooligans can steal them.
Luckily I still had enough strength left to hit Costco for some candy.  Yup ... I give away the good stuff.  To be completely honest, it's not because I'm so generous ... it's because in case I have leftovers, it will be something "I" really like ... like Snickers bars.  
I'm gathering all my strength for 90 seed planters this morning.  I've cut the spiel down to bare minimum in an effort to get them the heck out of there ... I mean to get them on to the Patch attractions.  

In the meantime, I have one small problem at home.  NO HOT WATER!!  There are two instant water things, or whatever they are called, in my attic.  It's hard to find a plumber with a really tall ladder to gain access through the 16 foot high ceilings.  No one told me they required maintenance, but I suppose I should have known.  

The kitchen, dishwasher, guest bath and laundry room only have cold water.  Thank the Lord MY bathroom (ergo my shower) still has hot water.  I'll let you know how that goes.




6 comments:

  1. The problem with unruly kids today is no training at home and the law is partially to blame. The laws were put in place to protect kids from parents who didn't know when to stop beating their kids. Now everyone lets the kids run rampant. The are ways of punishing without hitting but a good crack on the butt works quicker.
    The decorations are starting to look good.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know dumb question,,,,,, did you check the fuse panel. 👌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is going to surprise you Ed but I actually did check the fuses.

      Delete