Saturday, October 21, 2017

A Pin Point Of Light!!

Sleeping when you've got the creeping crud is an endeavor in futility.  Go to bed ... get some rest ... yet when you lay down, the explosion in your head and wracking cough in your chest bring you right back to upright.  I keep this sign plugged in just in case the end is imminent, I'll know where the cemetery is!!
Finding something to eat has become an interesting proposition too.  I haven't been to get groceries in two weeks.  I'm down to just a few choices now .... canned chili, pumpkin bread and three frozen chicken breasts.  With my head so full of gunk, it's hard to contemplate how to combine these three into something edible!!

In an act of sheer boredom, I plugged in my latest scary front porch feature, the flying ghosts.  At least it kept Cooper distracted from the ball for fifteen minutes.
Speaking of which ... as I sat in my sewing chair with my head on the table, just to have a different view for a change, Cooper found a raggedy ball to play with.  This is his latest and greatest game.  Guess where the ball is!!  He dropped it in the corner of my scrap box.  I dig it out and toss it across the room, he deposits it back in the box and waits.  Why do I get the weird animals???
The good news is I actually did get a few hours sleep last night in spite of the bombs bursting in the air all around us.  I've no idea what that was about ... something akin to M-80's going off several blocks away.  You might be a redneck if you're firing off this stuff three months after the fourth of July.  Or maybe it was the local SWAT team.  Who knows!!

This morning I can actually take a deep breath without coughing.  Not several in a row, but at least one is a start towards the pin point of light at the end of the tunnel.  In spite of my need for food, I'm determined not to go anywhere but the couch for the entire day.  I think I spotted a package of Ritz Crackers in the freezer which should hold me over until tomorrow.

I will be ......... as previously .......... on the couch!!








10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time to be having Soup. It doesn't overload your stomach but keeps your strength up.
    Be Safe and Get Better!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I make it to the store today for some ingredients ... then a big pot of soup it is!!

      Delete
  2. As long as you eat something it will help.
    Love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm been trying ... I think I have two eggs left!!

      Delete
  3. If you order today, Amazon could have some soup to you by tomorrow...Monday at the latest. At least there is a glimpse of hope now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely do that, but Amazon ships everything USPS, which means I have to drive to the post office. Not quite up to that yet. Getting close though!!

      Delete
  4. I hate to inform you of bad news but you did NOT get Cooper,,,Cooper got you 🤙🐕
    Now you need to go to the nearest grocery store and stock up on three things first one is extra tennis balls second one is honey for the sore-throat
    And the third one is a big shopping bag of TV dinners,, believe it or not they do make some nice ones although I will give you a hint the meats in TV dinners taste like shoe leather,, but the rest are good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely right there Ed ... Cooper certainly picked me!! TV dinners it is!!

      Delete