Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The SWAMP

This is one of the first sights you see when you enter the Pumpkin Patch.  They have several old wagons hanging around full of pumpkins for that perfect photo op.  This place is immaculate!  Almonds hulls cover the grounds to control dust and are graded and watered every night.
Inside the barn are dozens of bins full of pumpkins, all grown on the property.  At the very back (past the tiny chalkboard you see in the middle) are picnic tables for parties.  There are also covered areas on both the left and right, full of more tables.  
Here's my favorite ... the covered wagon ... a real keeper!!  By the way, do you think that family of eight knows just how obnoxious and rude they are?  They must live in a swamp, because they threw paper on the ground, pushed and shoved their way around and were rude beyond belief to others.  Every single one tried to cut the line, so I made them walk all the way to the back.  Every one of them also had a Nikon camera, worth at least $300 (I know, because I have one just like theirs).
While giving breaks, I ran in to them on the Bounce Pillow.  When not busy, we usually leave them on, but this time I kicked them out so three littles could bounce without getting killed.  I KNOW these people came from a swamp somewhere.  I suppose that's rude, but they were BEYOND belief.

It started out slow yesterday, so I concentrated on cleanup and restocking for the afternoon flood of people.  Those 180 bags of pay dirt went like lightning, so I managed to fill more bags for the nighttime crowd.  In no time, it was noon and the Time Travel Tractor driver needed to leave.  That left me with BOTH tractors.  

Perfect time for a couple of pictures.  
The saber toothed tiger is a favorite of the kids.  I SWEAR I'm going to find one of these guys on the internet and have him in my Arizona back yard!!
The next thing I know, my trailers are full to the brim on every trip around the corn field.  As you can see, it began to get dark.  The first trip I spotted the moon over this brontosaurus and tried to get a picture.  Kind of hard when you're trying to drive and not drop your phone!!
Okay, I lost his head in the bushes, but got the moon!!  Unfortunately for me, the ticket girls forgot to quit selling tokens for rides at 6:00, which meant I had to keep driving so people could use them up.  I packed everyone right behind me and turned my headlights on so they could see.  Cornfields are rather spooky at night!
For my trouble ... mostly freezing because the wind came up and it was about 55 degrees with no coat ... I was paid DOUBLE!!  Can't beat that with a stick!!

So today is the last day of the Pumpkin Patch.  I'm going to miss it, that's for sure.  I can't begin to tell you how my stamina has improved, I'm feeling much stronger from all the walking and climbing on and off the tractor.  To top it off, I lost 8 pounds, although I gained two back from the hot dogs.

I should be home by noon to set up my Halloween Trick or Treat Porch.  Pictures to come!!




2 comments: