Friday, October 27, 2017

Don't Pick The Corn!!

My little buddy Braden came to see me yesterday at the Pumpkin Patch.  He's probably the closest I have to a grandson.  His grandmother and I worked together at the County Auditor Controllers Office for 13 years before I retired.  Then his mom lived with me for a few years while she got rid of a no-account husband.  Those were the best years ever, because I could take off anywhere, any time, and I had a built in housekeeper/dog sitter.

At any rate, he's my little tractor driver.  He LOVED sitting in the motorhome pretending to drive, and when he found out I was driving tractor at the Patch, he just had to come see me.  Don't I just love it!!
I took them on the Time Travel Tractor through dinosaur land where the look on his face was priceless.  It was a full load, so all the little kids were screaming.  That makes the whole thing worth it .... even the being sick part.
I took a quick ten minute break from the Hay Ride Tractor ... yeah, I was driving both while giving lunch breaks ... and we went to feed the goats.  Most little kids just LOVE this.  Braden ..... not so much.  He didn't want to put his hand down there AT ALL!!  As you can see, it attracts lots of kiddos.   He did finally get up the nerve to pet them on the head while I fed them.  He probably had that all figured out ... they slimed ME instead of HIM!!
There are lots of crazy stories from the Pumpkin Patch ... here's one from yesterday.  As I pulled back in with the hay wagon, some gal in four inch heels, skin tight pants and LOW cut top, was trying to drag one of our wagons out of the road, having come from the Corn Maze.  

As I came to a stop, I noticed her wagon was full of corn.  WHAT????  Wait!!!  You aren't supposed to pick the corn from the corn maze I said, mostly directed to the two little girls.  "Well we're going to eat it"!!!  She had the most perfect dozen ears of corn.  Honey, that's not EATING corn ... that's not for humans, it's for the corn maze and you feed it to cows.  You're not supposed to pick the corn.  As Mom remained completely silent .... "oh, well we were going to feed the cows" (mom has taught her well).

I'm sorry hon, but you'd have to chop it up into really tiny pieces for the cows to eat it.  So please don't pick any more corn.  No corn picking in the corn maze.

Ten minutes later when the driver returned to the tractor, here's the wagon sitting right in front in the middle of the road, with all the corn still there.  Good grief!!  I drug the wagon away and disposed of the corn.  Really?  Who goes into a corn maze and picks the corn???

It's an easy day today ... only 20 seed planters to entertain.  






2 comments:

  1. Amazing what some city people try to get away with, glad that you caught them. 4 inch heals in a corn maze? duh !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, crazy right? She did have 12 of the nicest pieces however, so it took her quite some time to find them!! LOL

      Delete