Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Can You Believe I Forgot???

Okay, okay ... I'm up.  Zzzzzzzzzz!!!   Much as I LOVE my cowboy boots, they probably weren't made for walking twelve hours.  My feet are killing me!  Again, my Seed Planting Class cancelled.  No biggy, but I really would like to get a chance to practice on a SMALL group before the big hit!

No matter, I got to play with the two baby goats for about 45 minutes before 400 kids came into the pumpkin patch.  Can you just imagine??  Thank goodness each class had at least two teachers, along with the ever present parents that want to ride everything free.

Believe it or not, it all went really well.  We didn't lose a single kid, only the medical kit/backpack that the parent was supposed to be keeping an eye on.  They came, they conquered and they left after lunch.  First graders I think.

During the four hours of dead silence with maybe eight customers, I watched the Bounce Pillow, drove both tractors around and sold snacks until I had a rude awakening.  I FORGOT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!
It was Tuesday, right?  So around 3:30 when my Snack Bar replacement showed up ... give it up for Abigail ... I made a beeline for the boss, followed quickly by my truck, which still doesn't want to start very easily.  

After a mad dash home, I watered and fed the poor puppies who were locked up all day and changed my dirty levis.  THAT was a bad idea!!  Once those boots came off, my feet instantly became two sizes bigger.  I spent the next ten minutes trying to get them back on!!  Good grief!!!

I arrived at the Magic Kingdom of Bingo just in time for a coke before heading downstairs looking like the great pumpkin who just rolled around in the dirt.  I warned everyone to keep their distance, because like Pigpen, I'm sure dirt was falling off everywhere.

Amazingly, it was a pretty good night, with over 110 in attendance, none of which tried to steal a single Bingo card.  The trouble was, it went on FOREVER!!  With a new phone line, which shouldn't make any difference at all, the debit card machine refused to work on the first try EVERY SINGLE TIME!!  By 8:30 I was dying on the vine with seven more games to play.  

I begged and cajoled the caller, to no avail.  He kept calling at the same speed ... SLOW!!  At long last the night was over, we literally threw everything back into the safe and I was off for home ... and my BED!!  

I'm hoping the class of 13 or 14 doesn't cancel today.  I really don't want to give my first class to over 100 kids on Thursday.  Maybe you can help me out.  So kids, what does it take to make a seed grow into a plant?????  You're right ... DIRT!  So lets go play in some!!







2 comments:

  1. Wow what a busy day,this is going to wear you out pretty fast. Comfortable shoes are a must when you are on your feet all day.

    ReplyDelete