Friday, October 6, 2017

I Wear MANY Hats!!

Wouldn't you like to have this for a view every day you went to work?  It's really not work.  It's a LOT of fun.  Seeing these zinnias every day however, reminds me that I'm not really good at growing things ... and they have ME teaching the seed planting class!!  The road between the flowers and the corn is one I travel MANY times a day while wearing my FIRST hat!
Tractor Driver, pulling a 40 foot long used-to-be cotton wagon.  Now it holds hay bales for the Hay Ride adventure.  Load 'em up, move 'em out!!  There are three rules:  please remain seated the entire time the trailer is moving, count the scarecrows, find the skeleton (okay four) and wave at the goats for me 'cuz I LOVE those cute little goats!!  The more animated I am, the more the kids seem to love the ride, so I kind of yuk it up, so to speak!
The Scarecrows were made by the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts from the surrounding area.  I'll try to get a better picture.  The skeleton with red eyes is hiding in the drivers seat of the excavator I drive under.  As easy as it sounds, it's a rather dicey trip for the driver.  You think you make wide turns in your RV ... you should try driving THIS thing in an S curve through the corn!!  My goal every day is to NOT knock down any corn stocks.  So far I'm up to TWO.  
This is a short one today .. I'm off to teach 250 kids how to plant a corn seed.  Lucky for me, I get weekends off unless someone doesn't show up.  I'll be sleeping in tomorrow ... GUARANTEED!!!

2 comments:

  1. Never a dull moment in your days there thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true ... I'd much rather be busy than just sitting!!!

      Delete