Thursday, October 19, 2017

Nothing Short Of A Miracle!!

Okay, I've had about enough of this sick stuff.  My voice finally gave out in class two of four yesterday.  That's when you meet the most wonderful people in the world.  Stephanie, our office gal, had her husband go to Walmart and get some cough syrup for me.  I've always been a do-it-yourself gal, so when someone does something that nice, it melts my heart.

Teachers are another lot in the same group.  Not ALL teachers mind you, since I've seen some questionable examples in the last two weeks along with those 3,000 kids (and only 3,000 to go ... whoopee!!).  There was one yesterday who was amazing.  She kept her class interested, listening, involved and thrilled to plant two seeds in a cup.  I'm here to tell you, that's talent and nothing short of a miracle!!
That same teacher gave me two cough drops ... says she needs them all the time ... and I was able to finish the last class before dragging my sick bottom to the car and driving home.  I laid on the couch for two hours.  That's when the SECOND miracle happened!!

I called "Uncle" and at 2:45 called the Doctor.  They had a 3:00 appointment.  Once I finally got past the new check-in procedure with an orange computer ... hard to do when you can't concentrate on anything ... I was ushered in to a room.  Wow ... that was fast!  At 3:05 the Doctor came in.  Wait ... am I in the wrong office ... is this the accounting firm???

Twenty minutes later I was out the door with a prescription electronically called in to CVS Target.  After my last $175 Walgreens disaster, I decided to change pharmacies.  I expected at least an hours wait while they transferred everything over.  

It was an absolute miracle!!  I walked in the door, gave the kid my name and he stated my prescription was ready.  Couldn't be I thought ... it's only been maybe 10 minutes.  Sure enough, my $38 prescription was handed to me and I was out the door.  I was in total shock!!

In an amazing 65 minutes, I saw a doctor, had a prescription and was back home.  Can you believe it????  The planets must be aligned perfectly and someone was looking down on me with favor.  
So ... sinusitis and bronchitis ... rampant in all the schools ... if I take these horse pills, I'll feel like a new women in 48 hours.  Only 36 to go and I feel better already.  Although I'm tempted to go to "work" today, my voice has not yet returned.  I'll spend another day on the couch and be back on Friday.  I'm not about to let sick little kids get me down.  

What I WOULD like to do is whack their parents for letting them go to school coughing and sneezing, but then again, I'm sure babysitting is a problem.  We're not talking the richest part of California here ... this is small town rural countryside where there's lot of scraping going on just to get by.  


I'll be on the couch .....................................

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on the mend. We've found the doctor appointments that we are going to have empty offices. The snowbirds haven't arrived yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect time to catch up on those appointments. I'm thinking October is a good month here!!

      Delete
  2. When I was in the restaurant business in Sacramento 35+ years ago I too had a case of sinusitis and bronchitis which was hard to kick...and I got it again the following year and the year after that. I blame it all on the Valley full of mold, spores along with sick people coming into the restaurant spreading all their joy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be in the same boat Dave, although I did actually get by ONE year. It's harder to kick every year too!!

      Delete
  3. I always referred to a group of children and my grandkids as "Little Petri dishes" filled with germs. Even though I really love children & I knew I would catch something from them I never let that stop me from being with them. I felt ever moment I am with them was pure joy and memories were made. I get sick if someone sneezes near me. My immune system sucks! Get well soon travel is soon. All the best. Kathy Rousseau It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, you are SO right!! I probably wouldn't care either if they were mine. Like you, my immune system sucks!!

      Delete